- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
The internet is here for Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson’s romantic VMA kiss
Get a room, you two.
Ah, the great Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson romance. Shortly after going public as a couple, the unlikely duo announced their quickie engagement to more than a few raised eyebrows—but it’s hard to argue that the pair doesn’t have chemistry. Heck, an entire new meme was even conceived to describe the inexplicably overwhelming attraction Grande has for her boo.
Which brings us to Monday night’s MTV Video Music Awards. Grande performed her latest single “God Is a Woman” on stage at the event at Radio City Music Hall, where she was also nominated for five awards. Davidson was naturally there by her side to root his lady on, and when Grande was announced as the winner for the best pop music video for “No Tears Left to Cry,” the two locked lips in a kiss for the ages.
The moment was quickly turned into a GIF and spread around Twitter as people made jokes and simultaneously seethed with envy over the magnetic attraction between the two.
this gif saved my life pic.twitter.com/Tze4cMwJ5J
— tamara (@tbyarianagb) August 21, 2018
This man truly has her soul https://t.co/VH0MJ8jfqH
— folake aina (@f0lake) August 21, 2018
He is fucking the SHIT outta her and giving her 0 problems. https://t.co/VGBWWUmd3G
— BIGGAVELLZ ♐️ 🇻🇮 (@jujuofficial) August 21, 2018
please stay away from me if your dick is this powerful https://t.co/k13nMRTU1X
— madison (@motheromance) August 21, 2018
ain’t gonna settle till i find someone who looks @ me like this https://t.co/Wl3ba5KY9D
— pineapples✨ (@richeeeeee) August 21, 2018
they’re so in love i’m about to fucking lose my mind https://t.co/0ckkBYNMTI
— Taylor Allard (@tayallard) August 21, 2018
pete davidson’s monster dong will defeat thanos https://t.co/YpAn1h1H5m
— ♡jenn♡ (@jennflowerz) August 21, 2018
A lot of people also had the same joke, because … well, come on.
this babe is dickmatized https://t.co/e3GCyJx4q5
— guccifayy🥀 (@yagrlfayy) August 21, 2018
Shorty ode dickmatized what a mood https://t.co/CRXwynvLYV
— dont tuch me bech (@bronxnbougie) August 21, 2018
when 'dickmatized' is recognised by the OED this will be the stock GIF for it https://t.co/V4n91eDAZD
— priya (@priya_ebooks) August 21, 2018
this is what dickmatized looks like https://t.co/JhqzWeGVQJ
— amber (@ambvrrr) August 21, 2018
I’m tryna be this in love or at least this dickmatized https://t.co/j7UKfCgH5F
— alyssa (@__flawlyss__) August 21, 2018
The pair may have rushed into this whole engagement thing pretty quickly—which usually does not bode well for a lasting relationship. However, before they started dating both were in long-term relationships—Grande with rapper Mac Miller and Davidson with Larry David’s daughter Cazzie Davis.
Whether or not they can keep this level of infatuation going remains to be seen, but in the meantime it’s safe to say most of us are extremely here for it.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.