- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Friday 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Friday 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Friday 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Friday 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Friday 8:58 AM
Faris made the announcement late Sunday evening by tweeting a screenshot of an iMessage.
“We are sad to announce we are legally separating,” she wrote. “We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed.”
The pair have a son, Jack, together, and she requested fans respect the family’s privacy during this time.
“Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still love each other and will always cherish our time together.”
Pratt posted a nearly identical message to his Facebook page soon afterward.
Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. ...Posted by Chris Pratt on Sunday, August 6, 2017
While the comedy power couple seems to have kept things calm and united even in their separation, fans are taking the news a little less well. Their names have been trending worldwide on Twitter since the news broke.
“Help me god if John Krasinski and Emily Blunt break up,” tweeted one fan.
“Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are getting a divorce and in other news love is dead and there’s no hope for any of us,” said another.
As Vulture points out, the pair met on the set of the ’80s comedy Take Me Home Tonight and were married in 2009.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.