- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Faris made the announcement late Sunday evening by tweeting a screenshot of an iMessage.
“We are sad to announce we are legally separating,” she wrote. “We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed.”
The pair have a son, Jack, together, and she requested fans respect the family’s privacy during this time.
“Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still love each other and will always cherish our time together.”
— Anna Faris (@AnnaKFaris) August 7, 2017
Pratt posted a nearly identical message to his Facebook page soon afterward.
Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating. We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed. …
While the comedy power couple seems to have kept things calm and united even in their separation, fans are taking the news a little less well. Their names have been trending worldwide on Twitter since the news broke.
“Help me god if John Krasinski and Emily Blunt break up,” tweeted one fan.
“Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are getting a divorce and in other news love is dead and there’s no hope for any of us,” said another.
As Vulture points out, the pair met on the set of the ’80s comedy Take Me Home Tonight and were married in 2009.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.