- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group 9 Months Ago
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes 9 Months Ago
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Today 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Today 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Today 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Today 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Today 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Today 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Today 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Today 10:16 AM
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano transcend the typical bromance in ‘Paddleton’ Today 7:00 AM
- 15 new thrillers on Netflix you need to see Today 7:00 AM
Amber Rose blasts gossip site for going after Blac Chyna’s mom
Don’t mess with anyone’s mom.
The tension started when the Shade Room reposted a video Tuesday of Blac Chyna‘s mom, Shalana Hunter, aka Tokyo Toni. The video was from a livestream Toni hosted featuring her looking around jumpily “for her haters.”
All of this was shared in good fun, but things took a turn when the Shade Room invited fans to caption the video. The post raked in over 24,000 comments, and many of them make fun of Toni’s physical appearance or accuse her of being on drugs.
In Rose’s mind, it would be one thing if people were making fun of a celebrity’s Instagram livestream, but making fun of someone’s mom is a different story. Rose is a friend of Chyna’s, and apparently understands how tough it can be to protect a loved one from social media criticism. She posted an Instagram story sharing her thoughts on the situation.
“Y’all really dgaf about anyone’s family, relationships, reputation or livelihood,” Rose wrote. “Y’all are negative af… let somebody post a video of y’all mamas and see how the f*ck you feel.”
The gossip sites weren’t the only ones Rose was frustrated with, though. She was also tired of commenters not owning up to their role in the gossip cycle.
“The nerve of all the cornballs in the comments telling you that this is the life you asked for so just deal with it… smh,” she wrote.
Hip-Hop Vibe has the full set of screenshots from Rose’s Instagram Story.
For Rose’s part, the storm seems to have passed. She even tied her feisty ‘gramming tendencies into her new Fashion Nova line:
It’s all just another day for the self-proclaimed Rocky Balhoea of Instagram.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.