- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe 1 Year Ago
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction 1 Year Ago
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
- You can now perform Marvel plays with your school theater group Today 6:54 AM
- Trans/Sex: Strap-ons for trans women, inclusive porn games, and online dating Today 6:30 AM
- Why UFC 239 may be the PPV event of the year Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
Amber Rose blasts gossip site for going after Blac Chyna’s mom
Don’t mess with anyone’s mom.
The tension started when the Shade Room reposted a video Tuesday of Blac Chyna‘s mom, Shalana Hunter, aka Tokyo Toni. The video was from a livestream Toni hosted featuring her looking around jumpily “for her haters.”
All of this was shared in good fun, but things took a turn when the Shade Room invited fans to caption the video. The post raked in over 24,000 comments, and many of them make fun of Toni’s physical appearance or accuse her of being on drugs.
In Rose’s mind, it would be one thing if people were making fun of a celebrity’s Instagram livestream, but making fun of someone’s mom is a different story. Rose is a friend of Chyna’s, and apparently understands how tough it can be to protect a loved one from social media criticism. She posted an Instagram story sharing her thoughts on the situation.
“Y’all really dgaf about anyone’s family, relationships, reputation or livelihood,” Rose wrote. “Y’all are negative af… let somebody post a video of y’all mamas and see how the f*ck you feel.”
The gossip sites weren’t the only ones Rose was frustrated with, though. She was also tired of commenters not owning up to their role in the gossip cycle.
“The nerve of all the cornballs in the comments telling you that this is the life you asked for so just deal with it… smh,” she wrote.
Hip-Hop Vibe has the full set of screenshots from Rose’s Instagram Story.
For Rose’s part, the storm seems to have passed. She even tied her feisty ‘gramming tendencies into her new Fashion Nova line:
It’s all just another day for the self-proclaimed Rocky Balhoea of Instagram.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.