- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Amber Rose has a theory that Gwyneth Paltrow is ‘Becky with the good hair’
It’s been a little over two years since Beyoncé‘s album Lemonade dropped, which is apparently just enough time for Amber Rose to feel comfortable speculating about some of the relationship bombshells that were dropped in the lyrics.
“I definitely think that Gwyneth Paltrow is ‘Becky with the good hair,’” Rose said. “I really feel like she’s she’s the one who was, like, fucking Jay-Z.”
Amber Rose accused Gwyneth Paltrow of "f–king" Jay-Z and being "Becky with the good hair." https://t.co/gc7tQdyLqB
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) July 26, 2018
Just to refresh your memory, in the song “Sorry,” Beyoncé explains that her love interest seems to “only want [her] when [she’s] not there,” and ignores her when they’re actually together. So she tells him to go “call Becky with the good hair” instead. Back in 2016, there was plenty of speculation as to who this mystery woman threatening Hollywood’s most iconic marriage might be. Fashion designer Rachel Roy seemed to be a popular culprit, though people also made cases for Rita Ora and even Taylor Swift.
Needless to say, Becky never stepped forward, and the couple ultimately decided to stay together and released a joint album this summer. But Rose is convinced there’s a lot of evidence pointing to Paltrow that people didn’t pick up on.
“They were like friends, and then, like, you don’t see Gwyneth Paltrow with Beyoncé anymore,” Rose said. Paltrow also “consciously uncoupled” from longtime husband in 2016, the same year Lemonade was released. “But like Beyonce’s still with Jay,” Rose added. Hm…
tbh this makes much more sense than Rachel Roy https://t.co/CNyjA2wnFI
— summer bummer (@shani_o) July 26, 2018
For Paltrow’s part, her team was quick to shoot down Rose’s theory. A rep told People, it’s “completely absurd and 100 percent false.”
And just like that, the mystery of Becky lives to confound us another day.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.