- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
Amber Rose has a theory that Gwyneth Paltrow is ‘Becky with the good hair’
It’s been a little over two years since Beyoncé‘s album Lemonade dropped, which is apparently just enough time for Amber Rose to feel comfortable speculating about some of the relationship bombshells that were dropped in the lyrics.
“I definitely think that Gwyneth Paltrow is ‘Becky with the good hair,’” Rose said. “I really feel like she’s she’s the one who was, like, fucking Jay-Z.”
Amber Rose accused Gwyneth Paltrow of "f–king" Jay-Z and being "Becky with the good hair." https://t.co/gc7tQdyLqB
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) July 26, 2018
Just to refresh your memory, in the song “Sorry,” Beyoncé explains that her love interest seems to “only want [her] when [she’s] not there,” and ignores her when they’re actually together. So she tells him to go “call Becky with the good hair” instead. Back in 2016, there was plenty of speculation as to who this mystery woman threatening Hollywood’s most iconic marriage might be. Fashion designer Rachel Roy seemed to be a popular culprit, though people also made cases for Rita Ora and even Taylor Swift.
Needless to say, Becky never stepped forward, and the couple ultimately decided to stay together and released a joint album this summer. But Rose is convinced there’s a lot of evidence pointing to Paltrow that people didn’t pick up on.
“They were like friends, and then, like, you don’t see Gwyneth Paltrow with Beyoncé anymore,” Rose said. Paltrow also “consciously uncoupled” from longtime husband in 2016, the same year Lemonade was released. “But like Beyonce’s still with Jay,” Rose added. Hm…
tbh this makes much more sense than Rachel Roy https://t.co/CNyjA2wnFI
— summer bummer (@shani_o) July 26, 2018
For Paltrow’s part, her team was quick to shoot down Rose’s theory. A rep told People, it’s “completely absurd and 100 percent false.”
And just like that, the mystery of Becky lives to confound us another day.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.