- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Only the intern survived.
NEW YORK CITY — Five employees of the news organization the Daily Dot were mauled in a zombie attack at the company’s New York City office this afternoon.
The attack occurred at 3:30pm ET, when a female zombie staggered into the newsroom to feast upon juicy brains.
The zombie arrived with a handler—ordered via ride-sharing app Lyft—and attached to a chain; panic ensued when the chain snapped and the handler quickly lost control of his creature.
Gabe Bergado, 23, a writer for the LOL section, was the first victim.
There appear to be no hard feelings between Bergado and his undead assailant, however.
Deputy Opinion Editor Derrick Clifton, 26, also had his brains eaten after attempting to take a selfie with the the zombie.
Jessica Wakeman/Daily Dot
Lifestyle Editor Jessica Wakeman, 31, Lifestyle Reporter Marisa Kabas, 28, and Executive Assistant Rachael Berkey, 32, also met their untimely end in the carnage.
Experts believe the Daily Dot zombie attack was so successful because the zombie disoriented her victims first by turning off overhead lights in the office:
The sole survivor of the Walking Dead-style attack upon on the Daily Dot office was Politics Intern Deron Dalton, 26, who fled the premises upon the arrival of the zombie.
Photo via Jessica Wakeman