This is why you shouldn’t play with electrical sockets

This kid might well be the next Edison.

 

Miles Klee

Internet Culture

Published Dec 5, 2014   Updated May 30, 2021, 1:23 am CDT

It has recently come to our attention that some people are unaware of what happens when you stick a metal object into an electrical socket. Foremost among them on the Internet today is the young man depicted in the vine below—as pure a distillation of schadenfreude as we’ve ever seen.

Featured Video Hide

If you, too, are one of these people, please do yourself a favor and analyze the chain of events that led to this young man’s 120-volt misfortune: First he pushes a metal instrument into one of the outlet’s slots, and then…well, no, that’s actually it. The worst ideas do tend to have an elegant simplicity, don’t they? This display wouldve done well at the science fair.

Advertisement Hide

https://vine.co/v/OvvaeMLavrV

You’ve got to love the girl in the background who knows what’s coming but doesn’t stop it:

We hope this has been educational—and that all your high school idiocies remain private.

Advertisement Hide

H/T BroBible | Photo by Derek E-Jay/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)

Share this article
*First Published: Dec 5, 2014, 5:21 pm CST