- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
Be the envy of every wizard on your block.
Parents anxious over the outlandish requests on their kids’ Christmas lists can breathe a little easier now, because barring some kind of elaborate Craigslist hoax—and how often does one come across those?—a pair of unicorns are up for sale in New Hampshire.
First, the bad news: These majestic creatures come as a set, and they’re going to cost you $930,000. Each. Though when you consider that even one such specimen would be priceless, getting both for under $2 million actually sounds like a bargain.
The seller, who appears to hail from Goffstown, just outside Manchester, is by all indications an experienced breeder and unicorn expert. Here are the relevant details, should you be in the market for pets that are ready to aid you on a fantastic quest:
“We are selling 2 purebred unicorns. Male is 3 years old named Pagasus. Female is 5 years old and named Daisy. Price of $930,000 USD is per unicorn. Unicorns are hand fed from birth, and require just as much attention if you do decide to welcome a unicorn into your home. We are the only fully licensed unicorn breeder in North America, and are NUBAA certified. Call now to be put on the waiting list, on which wait times start at 9 months out. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE. We also offer unicorn eggs for purchase.”
Personally, I wouldn’t want the stress of trying to hatch a baby unicorn myself, cute and wondrous as that experience may be. On the question of training, however, we notice that there’s no mention of the adults being housebroken. Buyer beware!
Photo via Craigslist
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'