- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Your first day at your new job can be the worst. You don’t know the office politics. You can’t remember how to get to the restrooms. You don’t know the company’s policy on stealing other people’s lunch from the office fridge. But you’re probably not going to do too much damage to your career, because everybody who knows that you’re a newbie probably will cut you a break if you make a mistake.
Unless you’re a tow truck driver, that is. Because if it’s your first day on the job towing cars, there’s plenty of damage you can do if you screw up. In fact, you can make things much, much worse.
Now, we don’t know for sure if the video below was actually the driver’s first day on the job. That’s just what this video is titled and what we’d like to believe to make the first two paragraphs of this story make sense. But you’d like to think a veteran tow truck driver would have made sure this didn’t happen.
Full props to everybody seen in the video who acted like the truck making an escape like Andy Dufresne from Shawshank was completely normal. If that’s the case, maybe it’s not the tow truck driver’s first day. Maybe he just works for the same company who managed this.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.