- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor 5 Years Ago
- Teen arrested for threatening to ‘slaughter’ abortion clinic on iFunny 5 Years Ago
- How to stream the LA Galaxy vs. Cruz Azul Leagues Cup semifinal match 5 Years Ago
- Going broke over the App Store? Here’s how to turn off in-app purchases Today 10:49 AM
- Jill Biden says even if you don’t like Joe Biden, you need to vote for Joe Biden Today 10:43 AM
- Report on ideal thermostat temperature brings out the dad jokes Today 10:28 AM
- Edited videos of Portland protests are telling half-truths Today 10:20 AM
- Netflix debuts upcoming releases section on the Netflix TV app Today 9:29 AM
- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace Today 8:53 AM
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding Today 8:35 AM
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis Today 8:17 AM
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
Some dude joined Tinder as Hitler and people actually swiped right
The world of Tinder is a hopeless hellscape. Just like WWII.
The world of Tinder could be likened to a hopeless, sex-fueled war zone, but when cruising through it, one hardly expects to come face-to-face with an actual warlord. Perhaps you thought that Adolf Hitler died in 1945. Wrong! He’s very much alive, at least in spirit, on everyone’s favorite hookup app.
We know very little about this person who took it upon himself to pose as the reviled former dictator of Nazi Germany, other than the fact that his iPhone is on the AT&T network and his battery could use a charge. But according to Reddit, he posed as Hitler for a month and shared some of his results.
As far as romantic inspirations go, it could be worse: Hitler was said to have had a number of girlfriends and two fiancées. He eventually married Eva Braun, who, while obviously deranged, was totally out of his league. If we can forget that two of his former lovers committed suicide and two others made attempts, we can be reasonably certain that Hitler would’ve cleaned up on Tinder.
What’s even more unsettling than the idea that someone would spend a month of his life posing as Hitler on Tinder? The fact that women actually swiped right for him. We’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume their curiosity got the best of them. Besides, on the Internet, everything turns into Hitler anyway.
After a month in character as the Führer, we would have hoped this dude would have more to show than just a few screengrabs. He should’ve included a photo of Hitler in his super-cute short shorts instead of some random Nazi kids.
May you never come across this man, on Tinder or otherwise. And if you do, please let us know.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.