- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
Final Fantasy X, the fifth-best Final Fantasy game (don’t @ me), holds up pretty well after 15 years. But one part that doesn’t is the hero Tidus’ disturbing, nightmarishly forced laugh. Fortunately, there’s now a mod that fixes that flaw in the game after all these years… by replacing all of the dialogue (and a lot of the music) with this cackle:
Holy shit. Johnny Mac, the mad genius behind this upgrade, was incredibly thorough in his dissection and Tidus-fication of the game. Just try to make it through this 2-minute trailer:
And if you can somehow stomach that, you might be ready for the complete soundtrack. All three hours of it.
I’m an hour and 20 minutes in, and I’m starting to get Stockholm syndrome. What if I were to tell you that the laugh is actually… good? It’s not even distracting after a while, it’s just the air you breathe. Eventually, you’ll forget you’ve ever heard any other sound, and then you’ll achieve enlightenment.
AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.