- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Someone replaced all the sounds and dialogue in ‘Final Fantasy X’ with Tidus’ creepy laugh
Ha! Ha HA!
Final Fantasy X, the fifth-best Final Fantasy game (don’t @ me), holds up pretty well after 15 years. But one part that doesn’t is the hero Tidus’ disturbing, nightmarishly forced laugh. Fortunately, there’s now a mod that fixes that flaw in the game after all these years… by replacing all of the dialogue (and a lot of the music) with this cackle:
Holy shit. Johnny Mac, the mad genius behind this upgrade, was incredibly thorough in his dissection and Tidus-fication of the game. Just try to make it through this 2-minute trailer:
And if you can somehow stomach that, you might be ready for the complete soundtrack. All three hours of it.
I’m an hour and 20 minutes in, and I’m starting to get Stockholm syndrome. What if I were to tell you that the laugh is actually… good? It’s not even distracting after a while, it’s just the air you breathe. Eventually, you’ll forget you’ve ever heard any other sound, and then you’ll achieve enlightenment.
AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.