- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action 3 Years Ago
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax 3 Years Ago
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU 3 Years Ago
- White House proposing ‘Minority Report’-style office to use data to predict crime 3 Years Ago
- Streamer OnlyUseMeBlade accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman Today 10:50 AM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Packers in NFL preseason action Today 10:07 AM
- Say hello to ‘antira,’ the far-right’s answer to antifa Today 9:28 AM
- Bernie Sanders proposes sweeping plan to combat climate change Today 9:11 AM
- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? Today 8:41 AM
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
Final Fantasy X, the fifth-best Final Fantasy game (don’t @ me), holds up pretty well after 15 years. But one part that doesn’t is the hero Tidus’ disturbing, nightmarishly forced laugh. Fortunately, there’s now a mod that fixes that flaw in the game after all these years… by replacing all of the dialogue (and a lot of the music) with this cackle:
Holy shit. Johnny Mac, the mad genius behind this upgrade, was incredibly thorough in his dissection and Tidus-fication of the game. Just try to make it through this 2-minute trailer:
And if you can somehow stomach that, you might be ready for the complete soundtrack. All three hours of it.
I’m an hour and 20 minutes in, and I’m starting to get Stockholm syndrome. What if I were to tell you that the laugh is actually… good? It’s not even distracting after a while, it’s just the air you breathe. Eventually, you’ll forget you’ve ever heard any other sound, and then you’ll achieve enlightenment.
AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.