- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
When a professor offered to curve students’ grades if they made a music video about any of the topics covered in class, Julien Turner, a student at Morehouse College in Atlanta, rose to the challenge and then some.
His music video about cell reproduction is not only total fire, but also super informative.
Professor: Make a music video over any subject we’ve covered and I’ll curve your overall grade.— Julien Turner (@JuicyJu11) November 3, 2017
It does however contain lyrics like “Metaphase chromatids meet at the heart/Anaphase chromatids are pulled apart/Telophase forming of membrane will start/While the cell starts to pinch back apart” so it’s clear Turner has some skills.
People on Twitter were duly impressed. In less than 24 hours the video has been retweeted more than 50,000 times and liked over 100,000.
trying to remember the lyrics while taking the final pic.twitter.com/e91jvPbWc4— Axel (@axel_serna) November 3, 2017
Turner might have had an advantage on this particular assignment. He’s also an amature film maker with a couple of shorts already under his belt. In fact his short film Pseudo, a story about race and mistaken identity, has already won some awards.
Hopefully Turner gets an A in his class, but even if he doesn’t it seems like he’ll be fine. He always has either his music or film career to fall back on.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.