- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
This rap about DNA might just help you pass that big test.
When a professor offered to curve students’ grades if they made a music video about any of the topics covered in class, Julien Turner, a student at Morehouse College in Atlanta, rose to the challenge and then some.
His music video about cell reproduction is not only total fire, but also super informative.
Professor: Make a music video over any subject we’ve covered and I’ll curve your overall grade.— Julien Turner (@JuicyJu11) November 3, 2017
It does however contain lyrics like “Metaphase chromatids meet at the heart/Anaphase chromatids are pulled apart/Telophase forming of membrane will start/While the cell starts to pinch back apart” so it’s clear Turner has some skills.
People on Twitter were duly impressed. In less than 24 hours the video has been retweeted more than 50,000 times and liked over 100,000.
trying to remember the lyrics while taking the final pic.twitter.com/e91jvPbWc4— Axel (@axel_serna) November 3, 2017
Turner might have had an advantage on this particular assignment. He’s also an amature film maker with a couple of shorts already under his belt. In fact his short film Pseudo, a story about race and mistaken identity, has already won some awards.
Hopefully Turner gets an A in his class, but even if he doesn’t it seems like he’ll be fine. He always has either his music or film career to fall back on.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.