- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
Vine captures the moment Rob Ford bests Hulk Hogan at arm wrestling
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford—yeah, the guy at the center of Gawker’s crack-smoking scandal pursuit—somehow upset Hulk Hogan. Was it staged?
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford—yeah, the guy at the center of Gawker’s crack-smoking scandal pursuit—somehow upset Hulk Hogan in an arm wrestling contest this morning. Here’s a Vine showing how it went down.
“I own this town, man!” shouted Ford after he beat the pro wrestling legend at Toronto’s Fan Expo. Ford has 16 years on Hogan, but there’s no way he should have taken victory over the 12-time world champion. If you look closely, it seems Hogan actually threw the match.
Hulk Hogan lose again to anyone in arm wrestler he embarrass himself i find him i break his arm no problem
— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) August 23, 2013
The contest “encourages people to come to this city, creates jobs and stimulates the economy,” Ford claimed. We’re not sure how that works, exactly.
Just arm wrestled Mayor Ford from Toronto,had a great time brother. HH pic.twitter.com/kb6OhFUSar
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) August 23, 2013
Photo via ipedro/Instagram
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.