- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games 4 Years Ago
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life 4 Years Ago
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
- Twitch streamer banned after accidentally revealing racist chats Today 9:21 AM
- This video captures 15 years of meme trends in 10 minutes Today 8:57 AM
- Trump calls parts of Mueller Report ‘total bullshit’ in unfinished tweetstorm Today 8:24 AM
- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date Today 7:57 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings Today 7:03 AM
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
‘Rear Gear’ is the new must-have accessory for your pet’s butthole
This Etsy shop’s charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Are you tired of looking at your pet’s ass?
If you’ve ever asked this question of yourself (and let’s face it, who hasn’t), then the Rear Gear Etsy store is here to help. It sells accessories for your cat or dog, but not the usual doggy jackets or cute miniature hats. No: Rear Gear specializes in butt covers. Its charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Just hang this bad boy on your pet’s tail and you can totally pretend that it’s not a living, pooping animal.
The butt covers have been on Etsy for years. They come in various designs, including cupcakes, disco balls, biohazard symbols, and even custom versions if you want to conceal your dog’s “unsightly rear” with a company logo or cute family photo. And what better way to advertise this product than with a woman smiling and giving a thumbs-up sign next to her dog’s butt?
Rear Gear is apparently “handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet’s un-manicured back side.” Etsy truly is a magical place.
Parker Knight/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Jason Reed
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.