- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu 5 Years Ago
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Today 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Today 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Today 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
‘Rear Gear’ is the new must-have accessory for your pet’s butthole
This Etsy shop’s charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Are you tired of looking at your pet’s ass?
If you’ve ever asked this question of yourself (and let’s face it, who hasn’t), then the Rear Gear Etsy store is here to help. It sells accessories for your cat or dog, but not the usual doggy jackets or cute miniature hats. No: Rear Gear specializes in butt covers. Its charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Just hang this bad boy on your pet’s tail and you can totally pretend that it’s not a living, pooping animal.
The butt covers have been on Etsy for years. They come in various designs, including cupcakes, disco balls, biohazard symbols, and even custom versions if you want to conceal your dog’s “unsightly rear” with a company logo or cute family photo. And what better way to advertise this product than with a woman smiling and giving a thumbs-up sign next to her dog’s butt?
Rear Gear is apparently “handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet’s un-manicured back side.” Etsy truly is a magical place.
Parker Knight/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Jason Reed
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor