- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
QVC hosts seriously don’t know what the moon is
I went to the planet moon, and all I got was this lousy cardigan.
If you watch QVC long enough, you might end up finding some nuggets hidden between all the product pushing. But nobody could’ve predicted a debate of cosmic proportions on the shopping network.
In what seems like an otherwise normal segment on cardigans, host Shawn Killinger starts describing the shirts’ design. Then the magic happens.
“It kind of looks like what the Earth looks like when you’re a bazillion miles away from the planet moon,” Killinger said.
Designer Isaac Mizrahi repeats “planet moon,” which causes Killinger to doubt herself, calling the moon a star. What ensues is a jumbled mess of confusion and stupidity about what the moon (Earth’s only natural satellite, for those keeping track) and the Sun are, and no amount of summarization can capture the beauty of this moronic conversation—it’s on a cosmic level.
Correction: The QVC host who misidentified the moon is Shawn Killinger.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.