- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free 4 Years Ago
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ 4 Years Ago
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
Kids deliver beautifully awkward reactions to their parents’ sex talk
Kids learn where babies come from for the first time, deliver priceless reactions.
Most of us remember having to sit through “the talk” with our parents. It was excruciatingly awkward (and that’s an understatement) but necessary. To get at that essence, the crew at Cut Video filmed a group of kids learning for the first time about how babies are made and their reactions are adorable.
A few things that become immediately apparent are that these kids don’t like to hear their parents use phrases like “in love” or “get naked” when talking about each other and also that a startling number of them think that babies come “out of the butt.” It’s also pretty hilarious to see how painful it is for them to hear their parents use words like “penis” and “fluids.”
The parents in the video struggle just as much trying to find the right words to explain things: “Mommy and daddy… hang out.” Kudos go to the mother who got creative and brought out a white board to provide her son with a visual accompaniment to the lecture.
One child seemed to be completely informed on the ins and outs of the “S” word. “Sperm, egg, collide, blah blah blah,” he explained.
“What do you mean ‘sperm, egg, collide?'” his father asked in disbelief. “Where did you learn that from?”
“My brother!” the kid exclaimed.
“And what did he tell you?”
In one particularly funny exchange a father begins to explain to his daughter, “When two adults want to have a child, they have to…” before she interrupts him and finishes the sentence “…work together?” He then tries to make a painfully uncomfortable analogy. “You see this pocket? The pocket is the vagina. OK? And in order to have a child, Daddy has to put his penis in the pocket. You understand?”
Based on her facial reaction, it’s safe to say the metaphor was not well received.
Screengrab via Cut Video/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.