- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Kids deliver beautifully awkward reactions to their parents’ sex talk
Kids learn where babies come from for the first time, deliver priceless reactions.
Most of us remember having to sit through “the talk” with our parents. It was excruciatingly awkward (and that’s an understatement) but necessary. To get at that essence, the crew at Cut Video filmed a group of kids learning for the first time about how babies are made and their reactions are adorable.
A few things that become immediately apparent are that these kids don’t like to hear their parents use phrases like “in love” or “get naked” when talking about each other and also that a startling number of them think that babies come “out of the butt.” It’s also pretty hilarious to see how painful it is for them to hear their parents use words like “penis” and “fluids.”
The parents in the video struggle just as much trying to find the right words to explain things: “Mommy and daddy… hang out.” Kudos go to the mother who got creative and brought out a white board to provide her son with a visual accompaniment to the lecture.
One child seemed to be completely informed on the ins and outs of the “S” word. “Sperm, egg, collide, blah blah blah,” he explained.
“What do you mean ‘sperm, egg, collide?'” his father asked in disbelief. “Where did you learn that from?”
“My brother!” the kid exclaimed.
“And what did he tell you?”
In one particularly funny exchange a father begins to explain to his daughter, “When two adults want to have a child, they have to…” before she interrupts him and finishes the sentence “…work together?” He then tries to make a painfully uncomfortable analogy. “You see this pocket? The pocket is the vagina. OK? And in order to have a child, Daddy has to put his penis in the pocket. You understand?”
Based on her facial reaction, it’s safe to say the metaphor was not well received.
Screengrab via Cut Video/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.