- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
Kids deliver beautifully awkward reactions to their parents’ sex talk
Kids learn where babies come from for the first time, deliver priceless reactions.
Most of us remember having to sit through “the talk” with our parents. It was excruciatingly awkward (and that’s an understatement) but necessary. To get at that essence, the crew at Cut Video filmed a group of kids learning for the first time about how babies are made and their reactions are adorable.
A few things that become immediately apparent are that these kids don’t like to hear their parents use phrases like “in love” or “get naked” when talking about each other and also that a startling number of them think that babies come “out of the butt.” It’s also pretty hilarious to see how painful it is for them to hear their parents use words like “penis” and “fluids.”
The parents in the video struggle just as much trying to find the right words to explain things: “Mommy and daddy… hang out.” Kudos go to the mother who got creative and brought out a white board to provide her son with a visual accompaniment to the lecture.
One child seemed to be completely informed on the ins and outs of the “S” word. “Sperm, egg, collide, blah blah blah,” he explained.
“What do you mean ‘sperm, egg, collide?'” his father asked in disbelief. “Where did you learn that from?”
“My brother!” the kid exclaimed.
“And what did he tell you?”
In one particularly funny exchange a father begins to explain to his daughter, “When two adults want to have a child, they have to…” before she interrupts him and finishes the sentence “…work together?” He then tries to make a painfully uncomfortable analogy. “You see this pocket? The pocket is the vagina. OK? And in order to have a child, Daddy has to put his penis in the pocket. You understand?”
Based on her facial reaction, it’s safe to say the metaphor was not well received.
Screengrab via Cut Video/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.