- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
It really does seem like the news lately has just been one downer after another.
Could you use a pick-me-up? Yeah? How about in the form of seeing a man’s pure and utter bliss?
I promise the smile you are about to see won’t disappoint.
Why is that man so happy? Spoiler, it’s not just because he’s about to be a father.
Let’s zoom out.
Image via itstillworks1/Reddit
Yeah it does buddy.
No matter what’s been going on in your life lately, how can you not be happy for a man who lost the use of his two legs, regaining the use of his third?
The couple, Amanda Diesen and Todd Kreig, met while Kreig was in rehab after he was paralyzed from the chest down in a dirt bike accident. Diesen worked as a therapist at the rehab center. The two were married in October of 2014, and two years later, this happened.
Uploaded to Reddit, the high-fives were fast:
“I worked in a rehab facility and had a patient for like 6 months. One day he comes rolling out of his room, looking for me, and when he found me he yelled “it works! It works!” No other explanation needed, just gave him a big high five. Congrats to the couple, what a great photo.”
“quadriplegic here. 31yrs in. 19yr old son. the old fashioned way. no doctors involved for the deed. yes, there was a blood test.
doc’s said less than 10% of my sperm was active. i just kept busting nuts until i got me one.
congrats to you and yours.”
“Congratulations on your functional penis!”
We too here want to say congrats, because why not? Congrats!
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]