- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
It really does seem like the news lately has just been one downer after another.
Could you use a pick-me-up? Yeah? How about in the form of seeing a man’s pure and utter bliss?
I promise the smile you are about to see won’t disappoint.
Why is that man so happy? Spoiler, it’s not just because he’s about to be a father.
Let’s zoom out.
Image via itstillworks1/Reddit
Yeah it does buddy.
No matter what’s been going on in your life lately, how can you not be happy for a man who lost the use of his two legs, regaining the use of his third?
The couple, Amanda Diesen and Todd Kreig, met while Kreig was in rehab after he was paralyzed from the chest down in a dirt bike accident. Diesen worked as a therapist at the rehab center. The two were married in October of 2014, and two years later, this happened.
Uploaded to Reddit, the high-fives were fast:
“I worked in a rehab facility and had a patient for like 6 months. One day he comes rolling out of his room, looking for me, and when he found me he yelled “it works! It works!” No other explanation needed, just gave him a big high five. Congrats to the couple, what a great photo.”
“quadriplegic here. 31yrs in. 19yr old son. the old fashioned way. no doctors involved for the deed. yes, there was a blood test.
doc’s said less than 10% of my sperm was active. i just kept busting nuts until i got me one.
congrats to you and yours.”
“Congratulations on your functional penis!”
We too here want to say congrats, because why not? Congrats!
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]