- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
An opossum broke into a liquor store and got wasted on bourbon
The hangover must have been brutal.
The life of the humble opossum can be a hard one, fraught and full of uncertainty. Anyone who’s ever downed a few too many gulps of bourbon, however, can probably relate to the plight of one such Florida opossum, who got more than a little sauced last week and had to be taken into wildlife care.
According to Time, employees of the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge got acquainted with the drunken female opossum on Nov. 24, when she was brought in for care by a police officer. She was reportedly found in a Florida liquor store, where she was spotted next to a broken bottle of bourbon that was entirely empty.
While it’s unclear exactly how much of the liquor she slurped up, an employee of the refuge center, Michelle Pettis, told the Panama City News Herald that she appeared to be sloshed.
“A worker there found the opossum up on a shelf next to a cracked open bottle of liquor with nothing in it,” she said. “Assuming the opossum drank it all, he brought her to us, and we looked over her and she definitely wasn’t fully acting normal.”
Opossum in Florida gets drunk after breaking into liquor store https://t.co/a2e7ZUiSXW
— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 3, 2017
Pettis told the paper that the refuge center got some fluids into the opossum and successfully nursed her back to health over the course of a few days.
The owner of the liquor store, Cash Moore, told the Panama City News Herald that the animal was, to the best of his knowledge, of legal drinking age. He reportedly described it as the first time an animal had broken into his store and gulped down some of his wares, which is probably for the best―from the sounds of things, the boozy gal needed to recover from quite a hangover before she could handle things on her own again.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.