- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Tuesday 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Tuesday 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Tuesday 12:56 PM
We’ve all had those matches on Tinder where the initial attraction is high. And then, for some reason we just… forget to text back.
Maybe a hot pocket is ready, or a good TV show just came on. Heck, sometimes your thumbs hurt from too much swiping. Mostly it’s no big deal. There are plenty more swipes in the sea.
But when the dude you swiped on turns out to be Olympic gold medalist Joseph Schooling…
Damn. That’s when the FOMO kicks in real hard.
and not replying to his message was my greatest failure
— sab (@sabwow) August 13, 2016
I mean, look at this guy.
He’s got a killer smile.
And he seems like a total sweetheart.
A photo posted by Joseph Schooling (@josephschooling) on
Wait a minute: From the looks of it, he might be taken! @sabwow’s screenshots indicate that they matched on April 7, but by April 27, Schooling was posting some very lovey birthday wishes on Instagram.
In fact, if you go back far enough, you’ll see that this same girl was his #WCW on February 3.
And they went to Austin City Limits together in October.
A music festival? Hm, that spells r-e-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-h-i-p.
Maybe their relationship was on the rocks and he was just dipping his toes in the Tinder pond. But it definitely looks like he’s got some explaining to do. Meanwhile, @sabwow has had to defend against some haters.
I did not fake this mans profile or conversation
the joke was referring to being ‘my greatest achievement/failure’
— sab (@sabwow) August 15, 2016
Though it certainly seems as though other people matched with Schooling:
Whether he’s a catfish or a cheater—sorry girl, better luck next swipe.
H/T The Score
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.