- ‘American Dreamer’ is a frustratingly basic crime thriller starring Jim Gaffigan 3 Years Ago
- ‘Smallville’ star Tom Welling will play Superman once again 3 Years Ago
- How old is Beto O’Rourke? 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Ravens in NFL Week 3 action 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Saints vs. Seahawks in NFL Week 3 action Today 5:46 AM
- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
We’ve all had those matches on Tinder where the initial attraction is high. And then, for some reason we just… forget to text back.
Maybe a hot pocket is ready, or a good TV show just came on. Heck, sometimes your thumbs hurt from too much swiping. Mostly it’s no big deal. There are plenty more swipes in the sea.
But when the dude you swiped on turns out to be Olympic gold medalist Joseph Schooling…
Damn. That’s when the FOMO kicks in real hard.
and not replying to his message was my greatest failure
— sab (@sabwow) August 13, 2016
I mean, look at this guy.
He’s got a killer smile.
And he seems like a total sweetheart.
A photo posted by Joseph Schooling (@josephschooling) on
Wait a minute: From the looks of it, he might be taken! @sabwow’s screenshots indicate that they matched on April 7, but by April 27, Schooling was posting some very lovey birthday wishes on Instagram.
In fact, if you go back far enough, you’ll see that this same girl was his #WCW on February 3.
And they went to Austin City Limits together in October.
A music festival? Hm, that spells r-e-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-h-i-p.
Maybe their relationship was on the rocks and he was just dipping his toes in the Tinder pond. But it definitely looks like he’s got some explaining to do. Meanwhile, @sabwow has had to defend against some haters.
I did not fake this mans profile or conversation
the joke was referring to being ‘my greatest achievement/failure’
— sab (@sabwow) August 15, 2016
Though it certainly seems as though other people matched with Schooling:
Whether he’s a catfish or a cheater—sorry girl, better luck next swipe.
H/T The Score
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.