- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
When Barack Obama leaves the White House next January, he’ll be remembered for a number of contributions to American life: the Affordable Care Act, a major economic recovery, and… drone warfare. A president’s fashion sense is secondary to his executive orders and Supreme Court appointments, and yet, here is a very good and insanely popular tweet about it:
Meet your Mancrush Monday: Barack is the leader of the free world, but he’s dressed like a real guy you know, and he’s boldly posing in front of a 69 (the sex number). Nice. Your fave president could never.
This tweet went up on Labor Day and is now all over the place, but the original photo isn’t new. It’s a press pool shot from 2009, showing a “young and healthy” Obama leaving a basketball game at Fort McNair.
It’s also not Photoshopped: Fort McNair really does have a building 69, (which, according to an official map, is a fitness center and not a sex building).
Cut Barack some slack, though. Can’t a dude wear workout clothes to work out? If you’re going to make fun of a president for his workout clothes and imaginary texting habits, may I suggest former president Bill “U Up?” Clinton, who won’t stop texting you during work and wears these shorts?
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.