- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? 3 Years Ago
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
When Barack Obama leaves the White House next January, he’ll be remembered for a number of contributions to American life: the Affordable Care Act, a major economic recovery, and… drone warfare. A president’s fashion sense is secondary to his executive orders and Supreme Court appointments, and yet, here is a very good and insanely popular tweet about it:
Meet your Mancrush Monday: Barack is the leader of the free world, but he’s dressed like a real guy you know, and he’s boldly posing in front of a 69 (the sex number). Nice. Your fave president could never.
This tweet went up on Labor Day and is now all over the place, but the original photo isn’t new. It’s a press pool shot from 2009, showing a “young and healthy” Obama leaving a basketball game at Fort McNair.
It’s also not Photoshopped: Fort McNair really does have a building 69, (which, according to an official map, is a fitness center and not a sex building).
Cut Barack some slack, though. Can’t a dude wear workout clothes to work out? If you’re going to make fun of a president for his workout clothes and imaginary texting habits, may I suggest former president Bill “U Up?” Clinton, who won’t stop texting you during work and wears these shorts?
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.