- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Today 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
Jacquie Ross, a 16-year-old from North Carolina, was texting her friend Michael when the conversation took a turn for the worse.
A conversation that circled around showing each other prom outfits went awry when Michael decided to try his luck. Turned out, he wasn’t that lucky, and that Jacquie was hella funny.
Luckily, for the internet, she posted the screenshots on Tumblr and garnered 81,438 notes. The caption read, “They don’t give up so easily nowadays.” And Michael didn’t.
He dared to utter the heinous words, “Show your outfit,” before Jacquie revealed that this was probably not the time.
“I told him I wasn’t fit for pictures of the whole outfit at the moment,” she told BuzzFeed in an interview. “He asked why, and I sent him a picture of the face mask, not even considering how you could see my shoulders.”
Despite the odds, Michael commenced forth with his mission. And Jacquie was still not having it.
Even with the proud and tall middle finger, he did not back down.
When Michael reached new levels of unwarranted cheekiness, he asked her what was under the towel. That’s when she whipped out … another towel.
Michael, seemingly unphased by the blatant rejection, told Jacquie that he was gonna get what he wanted.
Even with the seemingly never-ending trail of towels, Michael still wanted to know what was under the towels. “You’re putting on more towels,” he wrote.
And this game of back-and-forth continued for longer than it should have continued, with Michael remaining insistent when she siked him. When he told her to take all the towels off, she surprised him … with more cloth.
No one wears clothes under a robe, right? Well, that’s what Michael thought.
Jacquie told BuzzFeed that after the towel-under-the-robe photo, Michael asked her to take off every single article of clothing, so she replied with a picture of blackness. She said it was dark in the room.
One Tumblr user compared her ability to dodge every attempt to The Matrix scene where the agents dodge bullets. That’s probably the most accurate comparison we’ve ever seen.
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.