RV owner Trevor Pellegrin’s console got so hot that his mobile home went up in flames. Firefighters claimed that the cause of the fire was a Nintendo Wii, which also took out a TV and some clothes. The Colorado Fire Department said that “all other possible sources of ignition have been ruled out.”
Luckily for Pellegrin, he wasn’t home at the time of the fire. Sadly, there was extensive smoke damage, but he was able to save his wallet, some court paperwork, and other important things.
Pellegrin claims that the Wii was off but was plugged into the power outlet. He’s still waiting for a response from Nintendo. His initial message landed with Nintendo UK, so now he’s trying to get a hold of Nintendo of America.