- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
Why not Netflix and Pill?
There’s just something so poetic about meme-inspired condoms that they actually have me inspired. But yes, fans of making moves while streaming episodes of BoJack Horseman can now order some chill-tastic contraceptives from not just one but two different entrepreneurial outlets seeking to commercialize the meme. Thank god for the free market.
Say It With a Condom
According to the product’s description, the company just “couldn’t resist joining in on the fun” by borrowing 2015’s definitive hookup slang. But they’re also FDA-approved and have a four-to-five-year shelf life.Meanwhile, “poor college students at UT Austin” are also offering meme-inspired banana wrappers; theirs is the “NF and chill condom,” which they’re promoting as “the definitive Netflix and Chill Condom.”
NF and Chill
Their website is a bit more chic than Say It With a Condom’s, presenting some classy sexy-time photos of people who look like they’ve just turned off House of Cards and are starting to get it on. The condoms themselves even have the “and chill” part printed in a typeface that has a little bit of swagger to it, making them more elegant (in my eyes) than the other Netflix and Chill condoms. There’s even this hilarious product description:
I mean just look at this fkin condom m8, guaranteed if you whip one of these honeys out and you’re actually at a netflix and chill outing with your partner, you’re gonna get laid. With a functional 3D-printed steel frame and a built-in cable lock and lighting, the NF and Chill condom is the only condom you’ll need to be a douchebag millenial.
While the “NF and chill” condoms may have beat out the “Netfl!x and chill” rubbers in presentation, the latter are much more cost effective. The “NF and chill” condoms are selling in 3-packs for $12, for a unit price of $4 each, and you’ll have to wait until Fridays for shipments to get sent out. “Netfl!x and chill” condoms start at $2.95 a pop, with the price going down once you order in larger quantities. Maybe a bit steep for the privilege of wrapping your wet dick up in an Internet phenomenon, but you do you.
Oh, and enjoy this gimmick while you can, because “Netflix and Chill” has jumped the shark—though it seems these condoms never got the memo.
Photos courtesy of nfandchill and sayitwithacondom | Remix by Gabe Bergado
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.