- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 2 Years Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
What if Mike Pence were secretly Race Bannon from ‘Jonny Quest’?
Like it or not, Mike Pence has an absolutely iconic look. The perfectly coifed silver hair. The stern, rigid face. It is unambiguously him.
Or is it?
Back in July, one YouTuber noticed a serious similarity between Pence and a certain secret agent from a 1960s cartoon show.
That Pence–err, Race Bannon–who travels around the world dispensing (dis-pence-ing?) Republican contenders for president and Democratic operatives.
Roger T. “Race” Bannon was the Intelligence One agent dispatched to protect scientist Dr. Quest and his son Jonny as they globe-trotted through one adventure after another, all while doing secret research for the government.
If you believe the Fake History macros cropping up on Reddit this week, he may also be our current vice president.
Is that Race Bannon or is that Mike Pence? You decide.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]