- White House report interns include Steve Rodgers, Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, more 2 Years Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year 2 Years Ago
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
What if Mike Pence were secretly Race Bannon from ‘Jonny Quest’?
Like it or not, Mike Pence has an absolutely iconic look. The perfectly coifed silver hair. The stern, rigid face. It is unambiguously him.
Or is it?
Back in July, one YouTuber noticed a serious similarity between Pence and a certain secret agent from a 1960s cartoon show.
That Pence–err, Race Bannon–who travels around the world dispensing (dis-pence-ing?) Republican contenders for president and Democratic operatives.
Roger T. “Race” Bannon was the Intelligence One agent dispatched to protect scientist Dr. Quest and his son Jonny as they globe-trotted through one adventure after another, all while doing secret research for the government.
If you believe the Fake History macros cropping up on Reddit this week, he may also be our current vice president.
Is that Race Bannon or is that Mike Pence? You decide.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]