- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 5 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Today 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Man tries to convince girlfriend not to leave him by hanging onto her car hood
This guy may have been trying to get his girlfriend back by jumping on top of her car. Good luck with that.
We don’t tend to see people balancing on the hoods of cars unless we’re watching an action movie, but one man was recently caught on camera doing just that.
Adding to the excitement, the man yells from the hood, “What are you doing? Are you trying to go to jail? Unlock the door!” as the driver slows to a halt. Obviously, the driver did not open the door. In that situation, who would?
According to the video’s description, the person in the car was the man’s girlfriend, and he was trying to stop her from leaving him.
Here’s a tip for any guys out there: This is not a good way to woo a lady. If you’re at the point of hanging onto the hood of her car while she refuses to unlock the doors, it’s either time for her to get a restraining order or for you to leave her alone and give her some time to cool off.
Screengrab via Nathan Wong/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor