- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
This very good dog was totally p****d that he had to take a bath
Tonka is not having this.
One of the harsh realities of dog ownership is that occasionally, that dog is gonna need a bath. And if the dog is like 99.9 percent of dogs, it is not gonna want that bath.
The irony, of course, is that quite often, the reason for a dog needing a bath is entirely self-inflicted. Played in the mud? You’re getting a bath. Rolled in an interesting smell on the ground that turned out to be poop? Bath. Ran afoul of the business end of a skunk? Scrub a dub dub, get your furry ass in the tub.
Likewise, our friend Tonka here, an Alaskan Malamute, totally brought the situation on himself by jumping in the pool and “starting to smell like dirty Fritos,” according to his human. By the time we meet Tonka in the following video, he has already taken his bath, and as you can see, he is extremely displeased with the sad state of affairs.
Tonka’s owner tried to talk sense into him, but he wasn’t not having it.
“Are you ignoring me? You needed a bath,” she attempted to reason. “You were dirty and you jumped in the pool.” The Malamute refused to acknowledge her by looking away from and instead lets out a defiantly pitiful howl.
“Tonka look at me, you have to have baths sometimes,” she continued. “When you get dirty and you smell like dirty Fritos, and you jump in the pool, that means you have to take a bath. Don’t be mad at me.” Her pleas were met with more howling.
“I’m sorry you’re mad at me, but now you’re clean. Aren’t you happy you’re clean now?” she asked.
Tonka was not!
Oh well. As they say, nothing heals like time, so with any hope Tonka got over the situation after an hour or so—or at least until the next time this very good dog jumps in the pool.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.