- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare 12 Months Ago
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
This very good dog was totally p****d that he had to take a bath
One of the harsh realities of dog ownership is that occasionally, that dog is gonna need a bath. And if the dog is like 99.9 percent of dogs, it is not gonna want that bath.
The irony, of course, is that quite often, the reason for a dog needing a bath is entirely self-inflicted. Played in the mud? You’re getting a bath. Rolled in an interesting smell on the ground that turned out to be poop? Bath. Ran afoul of the business end of a skunk? Scrub a dub dub, get your furry ass in the tub.
Likewise, our friend Tonka here, an Alaskan Malamute, totally brought the situation on himself by jumping in the pool and “starting to smell like dirty Fritos,” according to his human. By the time we meet Tonka in the following video, he has already taken his bath, and as you can see, he is extremely displeased with the sad state of affairs.
Tonka’s owner tried to talk sense into him, but he wasn’t not having it.
“Are you ignoring me? You needed a bath,” she attempted to reason. “You were dirty and you jumped in the pool.” The Malamute refused to acknowledge her by looking away from and instead lets out a defiantly pitiful howl.
“Tonka look at me, you have to have baths sometimes,” she continued. “When you get dirty and you smell like dirty Fritos, and you jump in the pool, that means you have to take a bath. Don’t be mad at me.” Her pleas were met with more howling.
“I’m sorry you’re mad at me, but now you’re clean. Aren’t you happy you’re clean now?” she asked.
Tonka was not!
Oh well. As they say, nothing heals like time, so with any hope Tonka got over the situation after an hour or so—or at least until the next time this very good dog jumps in the pool.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.