- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
The ‘Lil Mama Crying’ meme is perfect for all of life’s ups and downs
But she’s also in on the joke.
Back in 2011, the hip-hop artist appeared on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Show, a morning radio program whose hosts grilled about her career. She eventually broke into tears in talking about releasing her album when she was 17, as her mom was dying of cancer—definitely a hard moment to swallow.
But fast forward to today, and Lil Mama’s tears have turned into a hilarious punchline. On the Internet, nothing is ever too old or too sensitive to remix for viral magic. Just take a look at the similar crying Selena Gomez meme or Demi Lovato’s “twin sister” Poot, allegedly locked in a basement for years (not really, it’s just a bad photo of Lovato).
But lest you feel bad about Lil Mama’s misfortune, note that she posted one of these memes to her own Instagram account. It’s not as brutal as some of the jokes from the Twitter, but at least she’s aware that she’s getting meme-ified and playing along.
This isn’t the 26-year-old’s introduction to the Wild Wild Web and its humor. Exhibit A:
So we can hope that Lil Mama is taking the new meme with some good humor. Because really, that face is perfect for some of life’s darnedest moments. The Mama meme might not be cool, but it sure is poppin’ on the Internet.
Check out the rest of the Lil Mama Crying memes for yourself, but be forewarned: you’ll be in tears just like her from laughing so hard.
Screenshot via HipHopStan.com/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.