- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
The ‘Lil Mama Crying’ meme is perfect for all of life’s ups and downs
But she’s also in on the joke.
Back in 2011, the hip-hop artist appeared on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Show, a morning radio program whose hosts grilled about her career. She eventually broke into tears in talking about releasing her album when she was 17, as her mom was dying of cancer—definitely a hard moment to swallow.
But fast forward to today, and Lil Mama’s tears have turned into a hilarious punchline. On the Internet, nothing is ever too old or too sensitive to remix for viral magic. Just take a look at the similar crying Selena Gomez meme or Demi Lovato’s “twin sister” Poot, allegedly locked in a basement for years (not really, it’s just a bad photo of Lovato).
But lest you feel bad about Lil Mama’s misfortune, note that she posted one of these memes to her own Instagram account. It’s not as brutal as some of the jokes from the Twitter, but at least she’s aware that she’s getting meme-ified and playing along.
This isn’t the 26-year-old’s introduction to the Wild Wild Web and its humor. Exhibit A:
So we can hope that Lil Mama is taking the new meme with some good humor. Because really, that face is perfect for some of life’s darnedest moments. The Mama meme might not be cool, but it sure is poppin’ on the Internet.
Check out the rest of the Lil Mama Crying memes for yourself, but be forewarned: you’ll be in tears just like her from laughing so hard.
Screenshot via HipHopStan.com/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.