- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
This hits right in the feels.
We all know being an undergrad is all about trying new things, making mistakes, and learning or whatever. Meanwhile, those that decide to go back to the harrowing world of academia for graduate school know the return is all about crippling insecurities that push you to binge drink and face all your darkest demons.
OK, that’s not the case for everybody, but it definitely happens to a lot of graduate students, and especially Lego Grad Student.
He’s essentially what he sounds like: a Lego dude just trying to navigate the world of advisor meetings, thesis writing, and forgetting dongles for presentations. It’s both an exaggeration and starkly real portrayal of grad school.
Lego Grad Student posts on several social networks, including Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. So no matter what platform you start following them on, you’ll always get an update of the newest thing the scholar is panicking over. They’ve been active since June, when it looks like the project was started.
Lots of the incidents have the student left passed out on the floor in some way, whether it’s from intoxication or embarrassment. Too real, right?
Somebody has also compiled a bunch of the posts to a gallery on Imgur, where you can easily click through below.
Send Lego Grad Student to the grad student in your life—they’ll hopefully have a major laugh or grimly reevaluate why they would ever go back to school.
SEE ALSO: This AT-AT walker is built from 5,000 LEGO bricks
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.