- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
L.A. Kings fans celebrate the Stanley Cup win by destroying a drone
“We got the drone! We got the drone!”
Last night, the L.A. Kings won the Stanley Cup in double overtime with a beautiful goal from Alec Martinez. L.A. Kings fans were ecstatic, and filled the streets outside the Staples Center with cheers and crowdsurfing.
A drone was apparently monitoring the crowd—the video claims it was an LAPD drone—but they weren’t having it. In this Instagram video, you can see the drone buzzing around, as L.A. Kings fans throw things at it.
“Someone get it,” a voice rings out.
“Throw a shoe at it,” comes another.
When someone finally knocks it out of the air with a t-shirt, the response is jubilant. They’ve scored one for freedom and privacy. Wooooooo! Goooaaaal!
In a follow-up clip, the crowd chants “We got the drone!” as they apparently destroy the fallen drone. Sort of heartwarming that a crowd of strangers came together to destroy a common enemy.
H/T Reddit |Photo via Don McCullough/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.