- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
L.A. Kings fans celebrate the Stanley Cup win by destroying a drone
“We got the drone! We got the drone!”
Last night, the L.A. Kings won the Stanley Cup in double overtime with a beautiful goal from Alec Martinez. L.A. Kings fans were ecstatic, and filled the streets outside the Staples Center with cheers and crowdsurfing.
A drone was apparently monitoring the crowd—the video claims it was an LAPD drone—but they weren’t having it. In this Instagram video, you can see the drone buzzing around, as L.A. Kings fans throw things at it.
“Someone get it,” a voice rings out.
“Throw a shoe at it,” comes another.
When someone finally knocks it out of the air with a t-shirt, the response is jubilant. They’ve scored one for freedom and privacy. Wooooooo! Goooaaaal!
In a follow-up clip, the crowd chants “We got the drone!” as they apparently destroy the fallen drone. Sort of heartwarming that a crowd of strangers came together to destroy a common enemy.
H/T Reddit |Photo via Don McCullough/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.