- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 4 Years Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
Someone’s in a mood.
Here at Daily Dot, we believe in animal rights. So when we found a video of a killer whale slapping a small seal clear out of the ocean, we had mixed feelings: How can we be against violence towards animals when animal-on-animal violence is so prevalent in the animal kingdom? HOW, SWAY?
Well, easily—wild animals injuring other wild animals is just the cruel circle of life you learned about in The The Lion King. So rather than feeling guilty for that little seal girl living in the real world, let’s embrace the greatest physics equation the internet has ever encountered.
If an Orca (O) hits a Seal (S) with (F) force, what veritcal distance (D) does Seal (S) travel? About 80 feet. Seal is probably dead, but maybe not?
The footage of this painful punt was captured around Victoria, British Columbia. Ideally, next time it’s a poacher that orca is smacking rather than a innocent seal who decided to annoy the wrong giant mammal.
Photo via Nic McPhee/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.