- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Watch this killer whale punt an unlucky seal into the sky
Someone’s in a mood.
Here at Daily Dot, we believe in animal rights. So when we found a video of a killer whale slapping a small seal clear out of the ocean, we had mixed feelings: How can we be against violence towards animals when animal-on-animal violence is so prevalent in the animal kingdom? HOW, SWAY?
Well, easily—wild animals injuring other wild animals is just the cruel circle of life you learned about in The The Lion King. So rather than feeling guilty for that little seal girl living in the real world, let’s embrace the greatest physics equation the internet has ever encountered.
If an Orca (O) hits a Seal (S) with (F) force, what veritcal distance (D) does Seal (S) travel? About 80 feet. Seal is probably dead, but maybe not?
The footage of this painful punt was captured around Victoria, British Columbia. Ideally, next time it’s a poacher that orca is smacking rather than a innocent seal who decided to annoy the wrong giant mammal.
Photo via Nic McPhee/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.