- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Now you can make your own awful Kanye West album art
‘The Life Of Pablo’ never looked so good.
To preemptively celebrate while looking towards New York Fashion Week, he staged a fashion show/listening party in Madison Square Garden the night before. Yeezy was many things that Thursday evening: clothing designer, basic DJ, rambling forlorn hobo on a particularly putrid street caressing his favorite (metaphorical) ground score.
One thing that West is not, however, is a graphic designer. He’s an artist but not that kind of artist. When it came time to finally settle on a name for his latest LP, he chose The Life Of Pablo and tapped Antwerp artist Peter De Potter in search of something special to adorn the cover of his album.
What he got was this:
Needless to say, the Internet had questions. Specifically, who is Pablo? And why does the album art for his life look about as simplistic as the mixtape Jesus never wanted to listen to in the Tyrone meme? We may not get any answers, but the bewilderment set off a creative spark that’s changing the cover for the better—enter Chris Chambers’ The Life Of Pablo album art generator.
Using whatever random text you want, as well as any link to any image, (GIFs included!), users are able to craft their own very special versions of what West believes is the greatest album of all time—and jut in time for Yeezy Season 3, whatever the hell that means!
Creatives of all stripes have aimed to make their voices heard. I even tried my hand at the meme, playing on the
infectious repetitive opening line awful droning bullshit from first single “#Facts” to state my case:
The sky’s the limit when it comes to this generator, and the same goes for The Life Of Pablo. West has expanded the album to include 17 total tracks, which means you’ve got more than enough tunes to churn out hundreds of images of your own terrible album art while listening to the LP that inspired it. Welcome to the future! It’s tacky as hell.
Photo via Chris Chambers
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.