- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
DJ gets so turnt in Ibiza he accidentally wins eBay auction for £28,000 bus
And you thought your hangover was bad.
The massive open-air club on the shores of Ibiza known as Ushuaïa has played host to countless parties night in and night out. Some wild shit happens in the Spanish party city, to the point that there’s even a song about coming down from its highs: “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” by forgettable one-hit wonder Mike Posner.
The saddest thing that happens in Posner’s song is a reckoning with hunger for status and overall loneliness—feelings that could all be quelled if he happened to win big. That’s exactly what Davie Little did when he got so fucked up he placed the winning eBay bid on a £28,000 bus.
Little’s a DJ, so of course he had to go to Ibiza to take in the vibes. Now he can do so in style on a Scania Irizar Century Coach bus. The 27-year-old is still weighing whether or not he’ll actually go through with the purchase. He maintains that not only is the winning bid 100 percent real but it’s 100 percent hilarious.
It also may turn into quite the opportunity. Little doesn’t even know how to drive a bus, much less have the license to use it. Nonetheless, he is mildly considering putting his money where his drunk yapper is and converting the vehicle into a party bus.
“Because I DJ, a lot of people have said I could turn it into a party bus, take out the back seats and put some decks in there. The coach already has a fridge, DVD player, cameras and all that,” Little said in an interview with the Northern Echo. “It sounds quite nice to be honest.”
Nothing like turning a drunken L into a shitfaced W.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.