- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
DJ gets so turnt in Ibiza he accidentally wins eBay auction for £28,000 bus
And you thought your hangover was bad.
The massive open-air club on the shores of Ibiza known as Ushuaïa has played host to countless parties night in and night out. Some wild shit happens in the Spanish party city, to the point that there’s even a song about coming down from its highs: “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” by forgettable one-hit wonder Mike Posner.
The saddest thing that happens in Posner’s song is a reckoning with hunger for status and overall loneliness—feelings that could all be quelled if he happened to win big. That’s exactly what Davie Little did when he got so fucked up he placed the winning eBay bid on a £28,000 bus.
Little’s a DJ, so of course he had to go to Ibiza to take in the vibes. Now he can do so in style on a Scania Irizar Century Coach bus. The 27-year-old is still weighing whether or not he’ll actually go through with the purchase. He maintains that not only is the winning bid 100 percent real but it’s 100 percent hilarious.
It also may turn into quite the opportunity. Little doesn’t even know how to drive a bus, much less have the license to use it. Nonetheless, he is mildly considering putting his money where his drunk yapper is and converting the vehicle into a party bus.
“Because I DJ, a lot of people have said I could turn it into a party bus, take out the back seats and put some decks in there. The coach already has a fridge, DVD player, cameras and all that,” Little said in an interview with the Northern Echo. “It sounds quite nice to be honest.”
Nothing like turning a drunken L into a shitfaced W.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.