- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Thursday 12:01 PM
Baby rabbit wanders into a gibbon’s zoo enclosure and becomes its best friend
Friendship transcends species.
For zoo apes, the only thing worse than the gawkers is the boredom. Every day, it’s the same old routine: you move out of your quiet, hidden living space and into the sunny, jungle-gym-like enclosure that’s visible to the public, where onlookers expect you to swing around and do other ape things.
But sometimes, the unexpected happens, as it did to one gibbon at England‘s Wingham Wildlife Park that made an adorable new friend. Zoo visitors kept warning the baby rabbit to run away, fearing that it would become the gibbon’s next meal, but the gibbon apparently just wanted to cuddle and wrestle with it.
The rabbit, meanwhile, just seemed confused.
Screengrab via Laterterror HD/YouTube
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.