- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
While a case of phantom poop (when you go take a dookie and it mysteriously disappears before you flush) is just a bit disorienting, this investigation of a turd gone missing concerns bringing a criminal to justice.
Torrelodones, a town northwest of Madrid, Spain, recently launched a campaign to get people to pick up after their dogs. The community has an estimated 6,000 pooches, which makes for a lot of dog shit lying around everywhere. To remind dog owners of their civic duty (get it?), the Torrelodones council erected a giant inflatable turd about 10 feet wide and over six feet tall in the town square.
The campaign has been dubbed #NoMasCacas, which in English means “No More Poop.” Townspeople were encouraged to take pictures with the huge stinker and share to social media to help spread the word.
Check out these people just casually chilling with some shit.
But eventually, the blow-up stool found itself at the center of a heinous crime. This past weekend, the ginormous dung went missing.
Valued at about $2,736, the theft of this artwork is plain shitty. The turd was simply there to inspire people to be tidier, to be cleaner, to be better. So that dog crap no longer haunted the streets of Torrelodones. Now somebody has robbed the town of all hope.
Though it looks like the city’s officials aren’t too mad about the situation. According to the Local, one town hall spokesperson even joked, “[a] public awareness campaign launched by Torrelodones council in the hope of making residents collect dog excrement has achieved its greatest success.”
Meanwhile, the town is using Twitter to bring attention to the scandal.
Where would this poo burglar even put an inflatable shitpile this large? It’s only a matter of time before officials track him or her down. They just need to follow the stench of the evidence.
H/T The Local
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.