- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
While a case of phantom poop (when you go take a dookie and it mysteriously disappears before you flush) is just a bit disorienting, this investigation of a turd gone missing concerns bringing a criminal to justice.
Torrelodones, a town northwest of Madrid, Spain, recently launched a campaign to get people to pick up after their dogs. The community has an estimated 6,000 pooches, which makes for a lot of dog shit lying around everywhere. To remind dog owners of their civic duty (get it?), the Torrelodones council erected a giant inflatable turd about 10 feet wide and over six feet tall in the town square.
The campaign has been dubbed #NoMasCacas, which in English means “No More Poop.” Townspeople were encouraged to take pictures with the huge stinker and share to social media to help spread the word.
Check out these people just casually chilling with some shit.
But eventually, the blow-up stool found itself at the center of a heinous crime. This past weekend, the ginormous dung went missing.
Valued at about $2,736, the theft of this artwork is plain shitty. The turd was simply there to inspire people to be tidier, to be cleaner, to be better. So that dog crap no longer haunted the streets of Torrelodones. Now somebody has robbed the town of all hope.
Though it looks like the city’s officials aren’t too mad about the situation. According to the Local, one town hall spokesperson even joked, “[a] public awareness campaign launched by Torrelodones council in the hope of making residents collect dog excrement has achieved its greatest success.”
Meanwhile, the town is using Twitter to bring attention to the scandal.
Where would this poo burglar even put an inflatable shitpile this large? It’s only a matter of time before officials track him or her down. They just need to follow the stench of the evidence.
H/T The Local
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.