- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
George W. Bush and Bill Clinton are totally, undeniably bros
Former First Bromancers.
Speaking at the Presidential Leadership Scholars conference in Dallas on Thursday, Bush and Clinton shared the stage and plenty of comedic jabs as they recounted their times while serving as the president of the United States.
“[It] starts with [Clinton] being a person refusing to lord his victory over dad. Dad was willing to rise above the political contest. Both men displayed strong character. Why do I have a friendship with him? Well, he’s called a brother with a different mother. He hangs out in Maine more than I do,” Bush said about their friendship.
Between discussing their time as private citizens and recounting what it was like leaving the Oval Office for the last time, the former presidents spoke about their families—as well as their ongoing bromance.
While Bush’s granddaughter can sing “Happy Birthday” in Mandarin, Clinton’s granddaughter can sing the tune in Spanish. Bush woke up the day after the presidency expecting someone to hand him his coffee, while Clinton realized that no one “plays a song” when he walks into a room anymore. And as it turns out, neither of them are ever jazzed about these kind of speaking events.
“Generally we say [to each other], ‘When’s this program gonna start, and when’s it gonna end?'” Bush said.
“He’ll say to me, ‘Give shorter answers,'” Clinton said of Bush’s impatience.
If their tit-for-tat bro-like nature isn’t too believable, just check out Clinton’s photo with the statues of Bush and his father at the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Everything's bigger in Texas. pic.twitter.com/QKuWvzAVDe
— Angel Ureña (@angelurena) July 14, 2017
Note: Not to scale. https://t.co/fTY9L401uc
— Bill Clinton (@billclinton) July 14, 2017
Bill Clinton: Just a man who loves standing among the bushes.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.