- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action 2 Years Ago
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can Friday 2:40 PM
- Pete Buttigieg says he’s not in favor of the DH in baseball Friday 2:40 PM
- Amazon’s plan to have warehouse workers defend it backfired beautifully (updated) Friday 2:06 PM
- Senator: Zuckerberg’s testimony ‘incomplete’ after Messenger transcription report Friday 1:18 PM
Speaking at the Presidential Leadership Scholars conference in Dallas on Thursday, Bush and Clinton shared the stage and plenty of comedic jabs as they recounted their times while serving as the president of the United States.
“[It] starts with [Clinton] being a person refusing to lord his victory over dad. Dad was willing to rise above the political contest. Both men displayed strong character. Why do I have a friendship with him? Well, he’s called a brother with a different mother. He hangs out in Maine more than I do,” Bush said about their friendship.
Between discussing their time as private citizens and recounting what it was like leaving the Oval Office for the last time, the former presidents spoke about their families—as well as their ongoing bromance.
While Bush’s granddaughter can sing “Happy Birthday” in Mandarin, Clinton’s granddaughter can sing the tune in Spanish. Bush woke up the day after the presidency expecting someone to hand him his coffee, while Clinton realized that no one “plays a song” when he walks into a room anymore. And as it turns out, neither of them are ever jazzed about these kind of speaking events.
“Generally we say [to each other], ‘When’s this program gonna start, and when’s it gonna end?'” Bush said.
“He’ll say to me, ‘Give shorter answers,'” Clinton said of Bush’s impatience.
If their tit-for-tat bro-like nature isn’t too believable, just check out Clinton’s photo with the statues of Bush and his father at the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
Everything's bigger in Texas. pic.twitter.com/QKuWvzAVDe— Angel Ureña (@angelurena) July 14, 2017
Note: Not to scale. https://t.co/fTY9L401uc— Bill Clinton (@billclinton) July 14, 2017
Bill Clinton: Just a man who loves standing among the bushes.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.