- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet 5 Years Ago
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse 5 Years Ago
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better 5 Years Ago
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy 5 Years Ago
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation 5 Years Ago
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
- Facebook-branded coffee shops are coming Today 12:36 PM
- Twitter hosts China-backed ads maligning Hong Kong protesters Today 12:27 PM
See what the inside of a fox’s mouth looks like with this GoPro video
No foxes were harmed during the making of this film. But we can’t say the same for the GoPro.
According to the video description, TheOpenLens had an up close and personal encounter with a fox during a recent trip to Round Island, Alaska, where he went to shoot footage of the native wildlife for a planetarium show.
While filming sea lions in the wild, he came across a fox, and put his GoPro on the ground “in hopes of getting a closeup,” he writes in the description. Well, he got his closeup, but not so much of the fox itself, who headed straight for the GoPro and immediately started making a nice little breakfast of it.
So did the GoPro survive its harrowing ordeal inside the fox’s jaws? Shockingly, yes, though not without significant injury:
When the fox ran off, I thought I’d never see my camera again. For about 8 minutes we looked for it, then there it was! It turns on and records, but the lens is messed up and I’ll need to have it repaired. I’m glad the fox itself didn’t get hurt or swallow anything that could have harmed it.
Get well soon, GoPro. And as for the fox: It might not be a bad idea to start flossing regularly. That tartar buildup looks bananas.
H/T Viral Viral Videos |Screengrab via TheOpenLens/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.