- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird 3 Years Ago
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? 3 Years Ago
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
Asif reconciles with best friend Mudasir, whom he dumped in viral Facebook post
Last month, Facebook was rocked by the news that user Asif Raza Rana had severed his friendship with bestie Mudasir Ismail Ahmad—mostly because he chose to announce as much with a stunningly beautiful status update.
Now, just weeks later, it seems as if the unthinkable has occurred. Rana and Ahmad have buried the hatchet and become best friends once more—although Rana is also maintaining his BFF status with newcomer Salman Ahmad Naqash. Will the rivalry tear them apart? Who knows!
Rana hasn’t tweeted much since his public breakup with Ahmad went viral; in fact, his one post between now and then concerns an upsetting dream about Naqash—at that time his only best friend.
Today I saw a dream of salman accident oh my God please dont let this happen even in my dreams again please I am afraid and shivering
— Rana Asif Raza (@Asif_Raza_Rana) October 8, 2015
But two best friends aren’t enough for Rana. As he notes in his Twitter bio, he is currently on the lookout for even more best friends:
you must know me because of facebook famous due to my picture about Mudassir and new best friend Salman. I am new here so want to make best friend here
Guess three best friends are better than none.
Photo via Asif Raza Rana/Facebook
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'