- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
Skin? Eyes? Mouth? Boring. Time for an upgrade.
What if you didn’t have to use your actual face to express yourself ever again? Now you can purchase life-size emoji masks to let others know how you’re feeling, and generally freak them out.
There are over 800 emoji in the iPhone keyboard, but the only ones available in mask form are the grin (this writer’s personal favorite), heart eyes, sly guy, regular smile, and most importantly, poop.
The masks sell for $5 each and $15 for all five. A steal, frankly. With Halloween right around the corner, one of these could make for a great last-minute costume that requires little explanation.
The emoji masks website says they’re “great for pictures,” because isn’t it all about the pictures? With the presence of a photo booth at every party from here to Santa Monica Boulevard, these masks could be real crowd pleasers.
The website provides some important information:
We want to be clear, these masks are very thin. If your strap is too tight, they will flex around your face. Included on the mask is a youth size elastic strap. We’ll also include a second elastic strap for adults in the pack. Dimensions: 8.5″ for circular / 11″ for poop.
Apparently poop takes up a little more room.
Photos via Emojimasks.com
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.