- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam 2 Years Ago
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive 2 Years Ago
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon 2 Years Ago
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
- Report: Michael Cohen made fake ‘Women for Cohen’ account that tweeted about how hot he is Today 8:32 AM
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ unites fans and critics with major opening Today 8:07 AM
- Slack’s users roast the app’s new logo Today 7:17 AM
- What I’ve learned after 100 hours on Sling TV Today 7:00 AM
- Korean action thriller ‘Revenger’ fights its way through mediocrity Today 7:00 AM
If you slept all day, scratched at your office door whenever you needed to take a shit, and ate your lunch off the floor, there’s a pretty good chance you would never be named employee of the month.
so my dad works from home, and my dog always "goes to work" with him, and this just happened pic.twitter.com/yQkFjtZolG
— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) July 18, 2016
Meeka, you see, is a dog. Since her owner works from home, she is eligible for the award.
And since winning it once, Meeka has yet to relinquish it.
my dad kept the tradition going… Meeka for employee of the quarter… every quarter pic.twitter.com/PkJZhxUc9O
— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) February 24, 2017
Michael Reeg, owner of Meeka and a distribution sales manager with Accuride, spoke with the Dodo after pictures his daughter took of the awards started making the rounds on Twitter. He said that the award really is merit-based, and that Meeka pulls her weight at the office.
“There are times that I’ll even talk to her as I work through a problem or map out a customer solution,” Reeg said. “I try out my sales pitches and presentations on her. She’s not easily impressed or swayed. All she hears is ‘blah, blah, blah, Meeka’—but she likes to hear my voice and I love that she pays attention. Having her in my office all day is something that we both look forward to.”
Accuride is also onboard with Meeka’s eligibility and winning streak, according to a spokesperson: “Meeka is an outstanding support to Michael and his work. Dogs are the best.”
Yes. We should replace all our human coworkers with dogs.
H/T Laughing Squid
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]