- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 3 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 3 Years Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
If you slept all day, scratched at your office door whenever you needed to take a shit, and ate your lunch off the floor, there’s a pretty good chance you would never be named employee of the month.
so my dad works from home, and my dog always "goes to work" with him, and this just happened pic.twitter.com/yQkFjtZolG— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) July 18, 2016
Meeka, you see, is a dog. Since her owner works from home, she is eligible for the award.
And since winning it once, Meeka has yet to relinquish it.
my dad kept the tradition going... Meeka for employee of the quarter... every quarter pic.twitter.com/PkJZhxUc9O— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) February 24, 2017
Michael Reeg, owner of Meeka and a distribution sales manager with Accuride, spoke with the Dodo after pictures his daughter took of the awards started making the rounds on Twitter. He said that the award really is merit-based, and that Meeka pulls her weight at the office.
“There are times that I’ll even talk to her as I work through a problem or map out a customer solution,” Reeg said. “I try out my sales pitches and presentations on her. She’s not easily impressed or swayed. All she hears is ‘blah, blah, blah, Meeka’—but she likes to hear my voice and I love that she pays attention. Having her in my office all day is something that we both look forward to.”
Accuride is also onboard with Meeka’s eligibility and winning streak, according to a spokesperson: “Meeka is an outstanding support to Michael and his work. Dogs are the best.”
Yes. We should replace all our human coworkers with dogs.
H/T Laughing Squid
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]