- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
If you slept all day, scratched at your office door whenever you needed to take a shit, and ate your lunch off the floor, there’s a pretty good chance you would never be named employee of the month.
so my dad works from home, and my dog always "goes to work" with him, and this just happened pic.twitter.com/yQkFjtZolG
— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) July 18, 2016
Meeka, you see, is a dog. Since her owner works from home, she is eligible for the award.
And since winning it once, Meeka has yet to relinquish it.
my dad kept the tradition going… Meeka for employee of the quarter… every quarter pic.twitter.com/PkJZhxUc9O
— Madison Reeg (@MadisonReeg) February 24, 2017
Michael Reeg, owner of Meeka and a distribution sales manager with Accuride, spoke with the Dodo after pictures his daughter took of the awards started making the rounds on Twitter. He said that the award really is merit-based, and that Meeka pulls her weight at the office.
“There are times that I’ll even talk to her as I work through a problem or map out a customer solution,” Reeg said. “I try out my sales pitches and presentations on her. She’s not easily impressed or swayed. All she hears is ‘blah, blah, blah, Meeka’—but she likes to hear my voice and I love that she pays attention. Having her in my office all day is something that we both look forward to.”
Accuride is also onboard with Meeka’s eligibility and winning streak, according to a spokesperson: “Meeka is an outstanding support to Michael and his work. Dogs are the best.”
Yes. We should replace all our human coworkers with dogs.
H/T Laughing Squid
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]