- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
On eBay, you can dump $50K on this pooping-dog art
The title of the piece is “A Dog in a Sweater Doing Business.” The word “business” here is a euphemism.
On eBay, someone is selling a print of a photograph of a dog taking a dump. The starting bid for the photograph, which was taken in Hong Kong, was $25,000; the current price is $50,000. It’s a lovely shot.
The title of the piece is “A Dog in a Sweater Doing Business.” The word “business” here is a scatological euphemism.
“One of a kind photograph of a one of a kind moment,” writes seller thefinalzeus. “Will only be printed once. This print will never be printed again. Shot on a 35mm B/W Film. Custom sizing and framing.”
The account “thefinalzeus” has existed since Aug. 31, 2013, and has received six pieces of feedback as a buyer since then.
Did anyone pick up the dog’s poop? Did the dog consent to being photographed? Why is someone offering to pay $50,000 for this print?
Thefinalzeus did not immediately respond to a request for comment, which I sent via eBay’s messaging system. New bids on the piece will be accepted for the next four days.
Image via thefinalzeus/eBay
Brendan O’Connor is a technology and politics reporter. In April 2016, he joined Gawker Media Group as a staff writer, where he covers the alt-right for its special projects desk.