- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) 6 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘A Place to Call Home’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
Old Spice needs to hire this 11-year-old inventor, stat
Putting on deodorant will never be the same.
Imagine you’re about to head off an epic run. You’ve just finished lacing up your kicks and adjusting your socks. You’re about to jet out the door when you realize you forgot to throw on some deodorant. You rush up to the bathroom, crack open the medicine cabinet, and grab your stick of Old Spice. You pop the cap off, and all of a sudden the theme from Rocky begins to play.
This scenario has become a reality thanks to 11-year-old inventor Quinn Sheeran, who repurposed the electronics from a musical birthday card to play tunes when you open your deodorant.
Reddit user cmay3312, Sheeran’s cousin, posted the above image on the site’s r/funny forum, where it shot to the top of the community and the front page as well. It has collected more than 448 comments as of 3pm ET Sunday.
“OP [original poster] missed out on a big opportunity,” sed_base added. “Some exec from a deodorant company is gonna see this and make bank when Old Spice comes up with something as corny as this.”
In response to all the positive feedback, cmay3312 posted the following video of the young inventor walking through his deodorant breakthrough:
“I always liked engineering and creating little nicks and nacks, but when you look past that you see a normal kid. I thought it might be a good idea because I saw how much of a success the toothbrushes were that played music and I thought it would be fun to make something new,” the 11-year-old future bazillionaire told the Daily Dot.
Kid, your future is now diamonds!
Photo by egansnow/flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.