- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Old Spice needs to hire this 11-year-old inventor, stat
Putting on deodorant will never be the same.
Imagine you’re about to head off an epic run. You’ve just finished lacing up your kicks and adjusting your socks. You’re about to jet out the door when you realize you forgot to throw on some deodorant. You rush up to the bathroom, crack open the medicine cabinet, and grab your stick of Old Spice. You pop the cap off, and all of a sudden the theme from Rocky begins to play.
This scenario has become a reality thanks to 11-year-old inventor Quinn Sheeran, who repurposed the electronics from a musical birthday card to play tunes when you open your deodorant.
Reddit user cmay3312, Sheeran’s cousin, posted the above image on the site’s r/funny forum, where it shot to the top of the community and the front page as well. It has collected more than 448 comments as of 3pm ET Sunday.
“OP [original poster] missed out on a big opportunity,” sed_base added. “Some exec from a deodorant company is gonna see this and make bank when Old Spice comes up with something as corny as this.”
In response to all the positive feedback, cmay3312 posted the following video of the young inventor walking through his deodorant breakthrough:
“I always liked engineering and creating little nicks and nacks, but when you look past that you see a normal kid. I thought it might be a good idea because I saw how much of a success the toothbrushes were that played music and I thought it would be fun to make something new,” the 11-year-old future bazillionaire told the Daily Dot.
Kid, your future is now diamonds!
Photo by egansnow/flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.