- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
World’s first crowdfunded craft beer themed hotel is about to become a reality
Photo via Mr HIcks46/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
If you want a room with on-tap beer and hop-infused spa mask, this is the hotel for you.
If you dream of having a mini-fridge full of beer in your shower or soaking in a Jacuzzi full of IPA, you’re in luck. Brewdog Brewery is set to open the world’s first crowdfunded craft beer hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
The hotel will be called “The Doghouse” and will come with luxuries such as on-tap beer in every room and a spa featuring craft beer themed treatments like hop-infused face masks and malted barley massages. Even the shampoos and soaps will be made using craft beer.
Brewdog is no stranger to quirk. If you’ve heard of them before, it’s most likely for its ongoing quest to brew the world’s strongest beer, a title the company has held and then lost on more than one occasion.
The hotel is being crowdfunded through Indiegogo and the company managed to shatter its initial goal of $75,oo0. With more than twenty days left and with nearly $175,000 raised as of this writing, it’s well on its way to meeting its stretch goal of $200,000, meaning Ohio residents are all but guaranteed their own beer hotel in the near future.
For those that balk at the hotels $200 a night price tag, keep in mind that getting trashed at the Motel 6 will still remain reasonably priced at around 50 bucks.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.