- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Hermit crab uses doll’s head as its shell—and it’s terrifying
Please make it stop.
From your nightmares directly onto your internet browser comes the photo below that will likely haunt you until the end of time. Combine a massive-looking crab with a creepy baby doll head as a shell and it just might freak you the hell out.
The creation was apparently discovered on Reddit, where people immediately made the connection of this crab to Babyface in Toy Story. The resemblance is not difficult to see.
The real-life crab (with the creepy-ass baby doll head as a shell) …
And Babyface, one of Sid’s mutant toys, from Toy Story …
It’s not entirely clear where and when this photograph was taken, though reports say the crab was snapped in the Pitcairn Islands, a British territory in the south Pacific Ocean. Either way, this is just another example of the dangers of littering. Not only is ocean debris a potential danger to wildlife—with the exception, of course, of this specific crab, who seems to be thriving—but it also has the ability to scare the hell out of anybody who comes across it online.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.