- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
Hermit crab uses doll’s head as its shell—and it’s terrifying
Please make it stop.
From your nightmares directly onto your internet browser comes the photo below that will likely haunt you until the end of time. Combine a massive-looking crab with a creepy baby doll head as a shell and it just might freak you the hell out.
The creation was apparently discovered on Reddit, where people immediately made the connection of this crab to Babyface in Toy Story. The resemblance is not difficult to see.
The real-life crab (with the creepy-ass baby doll head as a shell) …
And Babyface, one of Sid’s mutant toys, from Toy Story …
It’s not entirely clear where and when this photograph was taken, though reports say the crab was snapped in the Pitcairn Islands, a British territory in the south Pacific Ocean. Either way, this is just another example of the dangers of littering. Not only is ocean debris a potential danger to wildlife—with the exception, of course, of this specific crab, who seems to be thriving—but it also has the ability to scare the hell out of anybody who comes across it online.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.