- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
A local TV news reporter is also a local superhero.
Fox 2 Detroit’s Charlie LeDuff became part of the story Monday when he thwarted a robbery in progress. He was on-hand when business owner Grace Keros’ cellphone was stolen from her back pocket in the middle of the day, and he ran after the suspect and took him down. The man was then arrested.
There’s no footage of LeDuff tackling the suspect, but the dramatic reenactment from his colleague Charlie Langton is a beautiful piece of performance art in its own right.
LeDuff has become something of an Internet hero for those who haven’t seen his syndicated Fox News show, but the more surprising thing is that his own subreddit has been around for nearly two years. (He also won a Pulitzer Prize in 2001 while at the New York Times.) It’s safe to say he’s about to get even more fans now.
Screengrab via The Americans with Charlie LeDuff/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.