- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs 5 Years Ago
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue 5 Years Ago
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
Today in things that will absolutely get you arrested, a Canadian man was caught on camera threatening a family with a chainsaw.
Manuel Delisle was arrested in Quebec for a road rage incident in which he revved a chainsaw and waved it at a family who remained locked inside their car. The video shows Delisle swearing and holding the chainsaw up to the window. You can hear a child calling out in fear in the background.
Karine Cyr, the woman whose voice you hear in the video, filmed the whole thing on her cell phone and posted it on Facebook.
Delisle was released after his arrest on the condition that he keep the peace and not go within 500 metres of the Cyr family home.
Photo via bjornofcorn/DeviantArt (CC BY 3.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor