- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
40 oz. to Facebook friendship
Here’s an awful brand promotion that will make you regret jumping into social media networks altogether.
Here’s an awful brand promotion that will make you regret jumping into social media networks altogether:
The idea here is that you’re becoming friends IRL, you might as well become fast friends online.
Let me tell you why that’s a bad idea.
Because of people like that.
I know that the notion of a Budweiser Buddy Cup will never catch on such that you’re ever in the company of more than two of these glasses at one particular time, but just think for a second about how much time you spend knocking glasses with strangers: when you meet your mother’s friends, half the time you want to leave a conversation early, and every time you bump into someone unintentionally.
According to media watchdogs the Drum, the cups will be used at official Budweiser events or sponsored affairs like festivals and concerts, they’llll operate via a QR code installed within the bottom the cup. You sync it to your Facebook account and then just start drinking and cheersing and Facebook friending away.
Then you drink all of the misery that comes with it.
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.