- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Obviously it’s Britney, bitch.
Britney Spears is currently on the North American leg of her worldwide Piece of Me tour, which she began following the conclusion of her four-year-long Planet Hollywood Las Vegas residency of the same name. It’s Britney’s first international tour in over six years, so it goes without saying that fans are beyond excited.
So excited, that, while recently attending a show at the Borgota in Atlantic City, one Britney superfan named Zachary Gordon couldn’t wait for Spears to utter her famous line in the intro to “Gimmie More,” and yelled, “WHO IS IT?”
The interruption caught Spears off guard but caused her to laugh mid-performance.
Video of Gordon’s teasing heckle went viral, and now, as BuzzFeed reported, it’s become a full-blown Thing and now people are screaming “WHO IS IT” before Spears can say “It’s Britney, bitch.” One fan pointed out on Twitter that the fan-made interaction has entire venues participating.
Britney stans screaming "WHO IS IT" before she says "it's Britney bitch" is a fan made thing that just popped out of nowhere like a week and a half ago and now entire venues are participating and it's my favorite thing FUCKING EVER
— rhinestone wrangler (@_tommoji) July 28, 2018
For her part, Spears adorably takes the new phenomenon in stride.
— Mr. Iconic 👔 (@MisterIconic) July 24, 2018
“Who is it” will for sure forever be remembered as part of this tour. Hollywood, FL Night #3 and it was fire!! 🔥🔥 #PieceOfMe #BritneySpears #whoisit #HollywoodFlorida #HardRockHollywood pic.twitter.com/XSKnFvO1dO
— Josh B (@liljosh2383) July 30, 2018
LITERALLY ALL OF RADIO CITY ERUPTED IN “WHO IS IT!?????”
QUEEN OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS! pic.twitter.com/qU3zuyxw5F
— Matthew (@mattyyygus) July 25, 2018
Even Britney’s hunky 24-year-old fitness model boyfriend Sam Asghari is into it, in an Instagram story he shared at a concert earlier this week.
So, this is pretty much never not going to happen before Spears sings “Gimmie More” in concert ever again. But as long as everyone is having fun, what’s the harm?
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.