- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Obviously it’s Britney, bitch.
Britney Spears is currently on the North American leg of her worldwide Piece of Me tour, which she began following the conclusion of her four-year-long Planet Hollywood Las Vegas residency of the same name. It’s Britney’s first international tour in over six years, so it goes without saying that fans are beyond excited.
So excited, that, while recently attending a show at the Borgota in Atlantic City, one Britney superfan named Zachary Gordon couldn’t wait for Spears to utter her famous line in the intro to “Gimmie More,” and yelled, “WHO IS IT?”
The interruption caught Spears off guard but caused her to laugh mid-performance.
Video of Gordon’s teasing heckle went viral, and now, as BuzzFeed reported, it’s become a full-blown Thing and now people are screaming “WHO IS IT” before Spears can say “It’s Britney, bitch.” One fan pointed out on Twitter that the fan-made interaction has entire venues participating.
Britney stans screaming "WHO IS IT" before she says "it's Britney bitch" is a fan made thing that just popped out of nowhere like a week and a half ago and now entire venues are participating and it's my favorite thing FUCKING EVER
— rhinestone wrangler (@_tommoji) July 28, 2018
For her part, Spears adorably takes the new phenomenon in stride.
— Mr. Iconic 👔 (@MisterIconic) July 24, 2018
“Who is it” will for sure forever be remembered as part of this tour. Hollywood, FL Night #3 and it was fire!! 🔥🔥 #PieceOfMe #BritneySpears #whoisit #HollywoodFlorida #HardRockHollywood pic.twitter.com/XSKnFvO1dO
— Josh B (@liljosh2383) July 30, 2018
LITERALLY ALL OF RADIO CITY ERUPTED IN “WHO IS IT!?????”
QUEEN OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS! pic.twitter.com/qU3zuyxw5F
— Matthew (@mattyyygus) July 25, 2018
Even Britney’s hunky 24-year-old fitness model boyfriend Sam Asghari is into it, in an Instagram story he shared at a concert earlier this week.
So, this is pretty much never not going to happen before Spears sings “Gimmie More” in concert ever again. But as long as everyone is having fun, what’s the harm?
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.