- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video 1 Year Ago
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
Britney Spears is currently on the North American leg of her worldwide Piece of Me tour, which she began following the conclusion of her four-year-long Planet Hollywood Las Vegas residency of the same name. It’s Britney’s first international tour in over six years, so it goes without saying that fans are beyond excited.
So excited, that, while recently attending a show at the Borgota in Atlantic City, one Britney superfan named Zachary Gordon couldn’t wait for Spears to utter her famous line in the intro to “Gimmie More,” and yelled, “WHO IS IT?”
The interruption caught Spears off guard but caused her to laugh mid-performance.
Video of Gordon’s teasing heckle went viral, and now, as BuzzFeed reported, it’s become a full-blown Thing and now people are screaming “WHO IS IT” before Spears can say “It’s Britney, bitch.” One fan pointed out on Twitter that the fan-made interaction has entire venues participating.
Britney stans screaming "WHO IS IT" before she says "it's Britney bitch" is a fan made thing that just popped out of nowhere like a week and a half ago and now entire venues are participating and it's my favorite thing FUCKING EVER— rhinestone wrangler (@_tommoji) July 28, 2018
For her part, Spears adorably takes the new phenomenon in stride.
“Who is it” will for sure forever be remembered as part of this tour. Hollywood, FL Night #3 and it was fire!! 🔥🔥 #PieceOfMe #BritneySpears #whoisit #HollywoodFlorida #HardRockHollywood pic.twitter.com/XSKnFvO1dO— Josh B (@liljosh2383) July 30, 2018
LITERALLY ALL OF RADIO CITY ERUPTED IN “WHO IS IT!?????”— Matthew (@mattyyygus) July 25, 2018
QUEEN OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS! pic.twitter.com/qU3zuyxw5F
Even Britney’s hunky 24-year-old fitness model boyfriend Sam Asghari is into it, in an Instagram story he shared at a concert earlier this week.
So, this is pretty much never not going to happen before Spears sings “Gimmie More” in concert ever again. But as long as everyone is having fun, what’s the harm?
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.