- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
Britney Spears is currently on the North American leg of her worldwide Piece of Me tour, which she began following the conclusion of her four-year-long Planet Hollywood Las Vegas residency of the same name. It’s Britney’s first international tour in over six years, so it goes without saying that fans are beyond excited.
So excited, that, while recently attending a show at the Borgota in Atlantic City, one Britney superfan named Zachary Gordon couldn’t wait for Spears to utter her famous line in the intro to “Gimmie More,” and yelled, “WHO IS IT?”
The interruption caught Spears off guard but caused her to laugh mid-performance.
Video of Gordon’s teasing heckle went viral, and now, as BuzzFeed reported, it’s become a full-blown Thing and now people are screaming “WHO IS IT” before Spears can say “It’s Britney, bitch.” One fan pointed out on Twitter that the fan-made interaction has entire venues participating.
Britney stans screaming "WHO IS IT" before she says "it's Britney bitch" is a fan made thing that just popped out of nowhere like a week and a half ago and now entire venues are participating and it's my favorite thing FUCKING EVER— rhinestone wrangler (@_tommoji) July 28, 2018
For her part, Spears adorably takes the new phenomenon in stride.
“Who is it” will for sure forever be remembered as part of this tour. Hollywood, FL Night #3 and it was fire!! 🔥🔥 #PieceOfMe #BritneySpears #whoisit #HollywoodFlorida #HardRockHollywood pic.twitter.com/XSKnFvO1dO— Josh B (@liljosh2383) July 30, 2018
LITERALLY ALL OF RADIO CITY ERUPTED IN “WHO IS IT!?????”— Matthew (@mattyyygus) July 25, 2018
QUEEN OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS! pic.twitter.com/qU3zuyxw5F
Even Britney’s hunky 24-year-old fitness model boyfriend Sam Asghari is into it, in an Instagram story he shared at a concert earlier this week.
So, this is pretty much never not going to happen before Spears sings “Gimmie More” in concert ever again. But as long as everyone is having fun, what’s the harm?
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.