- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction Thursday 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Thursday 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Thursday 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Thursday 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Thursday 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Thursday 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Thursday 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Thursday 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Thursday 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Thursday 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Thursday 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Thursday 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Thursday 10:39 AM
Cat rushes to the defense of cabin owner when a black bear shows up
Finally, a good reason to own a cat.
Picture the scene: You’re minding your own business in a secluded house in the woods, when suddenly you spot a black bear standing just outside your door. There’s only a thin sheet of glass between you and several hundred pounds of fanged peril.
What do you do next? If you’re armed, that’s good news. You could probably go hide in a room with a heftier door. You could even take a risk and try to scare it away yourself. Alternatively, you could unleash your secret weapon: your cat.
How tough can black bears be if a common house cat can defeat one?
Photo via Ken Thomas/Wikimedia Commons (PD)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.