- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter 4 Years Ago
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover 4 Years Ago
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca 4 Years Ago
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails 4 Years Ago
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live 4 Years Ago
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Gentefied’ is actually made for people of color Today 9:28 AM
- Drug dealer loses $60 million after misplacing his Bitcoin code Today 9:18 AM
- TSA bans employees from using TikTok Today 9:09 AM
- PewDiePie rips Jake Paul, calls his money-making venture ‘complete bullsh*t’ Today 9:05 AM
- Can a lawsuit in Illinois stop a dangerous new facial recognition app? Today 6:30 AM
- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
There are two things in this world that are universally felt: love, and the joy one feels when an especially good insult hits somebody who truly deserves it.
With that in mind, here’s a compilation of people in places like Bangkok, Paris, Rome, and Seattle sharing the best insults in various languages. The results, as you’d probably expect, are pretty fantastic.
A few observations:
- I was unaware that people outside the U.K. used the insult “wanker,” but luckily, the woman from Berlin lets us know that it’s also popular in German. For those keeping tabs on insults of the penile persuasion, that word is Wichser. To further research this important matter, here are a number of ways to say wanker.
- “Green tea bitch” might be the greatest thing I’ve ever heard.
- While I’m disappointed at the lack of Yiddish representation, here’s my favorite insult from that mostly dead language: “Gay kaken afen yam.”
- Jeez, Thailand. Take it easy with the mom insults.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.