- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories 5 Years Ago
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Today 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Today 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Today 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Today 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
YouTube user gives human voice to animals from hilarious videos
This man gives voices to the voiceless.
Ever wonder what animals are really thinking? As always, YouTube has you covered.
For the past four years, Chris Cohen has been taking adorable animal videos and narrating their subjects’ inner monologues, imitating their speech patterns to explore their motivations, hopes, and anxieties. We’ve rounded up some of the best videos from his repertoire of chatty creatures.
To be fair, “magic” is a pretty loose term here, but at least this otter is trying. His magically-appearance-rocks act relies mostly on charm and his audience turning a blind eye to his sleight-of-paw, but he’s an otter, so of course we forgive him.
The Penguin Dilemma
These two penguins are faced with a real puzzle. How do they get across the “river” before them? The first penguin figures out a narrow path through safe terrain, but the other one simply puffs out the chest and makes a leap for it. You just know the braver one will never let his friend hear the end of it.
Cat vs Printer
This cat is living our nightmare: The printer won’t take the paper, and all you can do is bat at it relentlessly until you lose all sense of balance and fall off the counter. We’ve all been there, cat. Better luck tomorrow.
Booba’s New Shoes
This puppy isn’t refusing to leave the house out of embarrassment. His problem is bigger than a bad fashion statement: His new shoes make it impossible for him to walk with any dignity. When he does get going, however, he’s pretty much unable to stop.
Cat Gives A Dog Hypnotherapy
Cohen’s most recent addition to the Animal Translations canon sees this cat giving a soothing head massage to a dog, all the while purring suggestions into his ear. The cat starts off small, curing the puppy of his tennis-ball habit, but then he gets greedy and demands all of the dog’s biscuits. Unfortunately, his scheme backfires.
Screengrab via Chris Cohen/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.