- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate 5 Years Ago
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Today 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Today 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
- Colin Trevorrow reveals the title of the 3rd ‘Jurassic World’ movie Today 10:28 AM
- You can pre-order Bloomberg’s ‘not a socialist’ hats now if you really want to Today 10:06 AM
YouTube user gives human voice to animals from hilarious videos
This man gives voices to the voiceless.
Ever wonder what animals are really thinking? As always, YouTube has you covered.
For the past four years, Chris Cohen has been taking adorable animal videos and narrating their subjects’ inner monologues, imitating their speech patterns to explore their motivations, hopes, and anxieties. We’ve rounded up some of the best videos from his repertoire of chatty creatures.
To be fair, “magic” is a pretty loose term here, but at least this otter is trying. His magically-appearance-rocks act relies mostly on charm and his audience turning a blind eye to his sleight-of-paw, but he’s an otter, so of course we forgive him.
The Penguin Dilemma
These two penguins are faced with a real puzzle. How do they get across the “river” before them? The first penguin figures out a narrow path through safe terrain, but the other one simply puffs out the chest and makes a leap for it. You just know the braver one will never let his friend hear the end of it.
Cat vs Printer
This cat is living our nightmare: The printer won’t take the paper, and all you can do is bat at it relentlessly until you lose all sense of balance and fall off the counter. We’ve all been there, cat. Better luck tomorrow.
Booba’s New Shoes
This puppy isn’t refusing to leave the house out of embarrassment. His problem is bigger than a bad fashion statement: His new shoes make it impossible for him to walk with any dignity. When he does get going, however, he’s pretty much unable to stop.
Cat Gives A Dog Hypnotherapy
Cohen’s most recent addition to the Animal Translations canon sees this cat giving a soothing head massage to a dog, all the while purring suggestions into his ear. The cat starts off small, curing the puppy of his tennis-ball habit, but then he gets greedy and demands all of the dog’s biscuits. Unfortunately, his scheme backfires.
Screengrab via Chris Cohen/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.