- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action 6 Years Ago
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians 6 Years Ago
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
A redditor in Turkey found the greatest Beats by Dre knockoff ever
Beats by Dre headphones are expensive. Fortunately, in Turkey, there’s a man who’s determined to undercut his competition. His name is Steve.
Beats by Dre headphones are sweet, but they cost about a million and forty dollars. It’s outrageous that someone would have to pay as much as hip-hop’s most G-funked doctor expects someone to pay for a set of headphones that can bump that much bass through your body.
Fortunately, in Turkey, there’s a man who’s determined to undercut his competition. His name is Steve.
As redditor Dr_Evil_173 pointed out yesterday, some guy named Steve has developed Sound by Steve, a seemingly identical headphone package that looks, sounds, and feels the same as Dr. Dre’s exorbitantly upscale $299 set. The headphones, which are starting to show up in stores around Europe, according to various citings around the Internet.
No word quite yet on what Dr. Dre thinks of all this imitation and emulation, but it’s safe to say that Steve’s not alone in his efforts. As another redditor explained on Dr_Evil’s thread, there’s actually a whole website dedicated to selling things like knockoff Beats by Dre headphones online: aliexpress.com, a Chinese-based site that promises “smarter shopping” and “better living.”
There, you can get familiar with a brand new pair of MIXR headphones for $20; headphones that also happen to look exactly like Dr. Dre’s namesake product, and, according to 20 submissions of user feedback, come with a “great sound, sturdy build” and solid enough packaging.
If you want something that will really convince others that you’re rolling in money, this pair of “HOT,” “NEW” “S-tudio” headphones goes for $15 a set and even comes with a number six on the earphone—a number that looks an awful lot like Dre’s signature B.
Those suckers are sold under the name Beats by Dr. Dre, which, as they say in certain street markets, is “Same, Same, but Different.” For the best in Beats knockoffs, turn to Sound by Steve. They’re close—maybe not the same, but you won’t have to mortgage your house to take them home.
Photo via Dr_Evil_173/Reddit
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.